Average height of a FZ6 rider

SueMc

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 5'4", and had to shave the seat down so I could tip-toe with both feet! And I see from some previous posts that I'm not the only one!

Stopping on uneven ground can be tricky, and if I have to back up where it's uneven or there's any gravel, I just stand beside the bike and walk it back!

When you're moving though, it doesn't matter how tall (or short) you are!

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
6'3'' and a bit heavy.. the bike overall is great. stock i find the bike to be good. now that it is lowered and has a shaved seat on it.. i feel a bit cramped. as i did not think there was all that much leg room in the fist place ( got spoiled by the tigers) i think i look a little big on it but it does good

the wife is a bit shorter ( 5'5'' i think) and stock it was a bit too tall.. going down the road she could handle it just fine and now that it is lowered and she can "walk" it around better it seems like it was made for her and she loves it.. they treat/complement each other well

bc8240

Reaction score
Visit site
I am 6'5 and I am comfortable on the bike. Once I was told the bike looks small but I am enjoying it.

beethoven

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 5'8" (inside leg 29") and find the fazer is on the limit for me. Uneven ground can be worrying ! Riding position is spot on.

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
5'8" with a 30" inseam and I can almost flat-foot with the stock seat,
I ain't worried about it, feels fine to me, I can see how bigger guys
would look too big on the bike, couple of friends have a WeeStrom-650
and a Versys-650 and they are beasts compared to the compact FZ6,
sitting on them feels like you're on a huge dirt bike, don't like it at all

moopie

Reaction score
Visit site
5'4 here and yes it causes problems for me. I've owned the bike for a year and have gotten used to it. However, knowing that winter is coming up which means even bulkier gear I decided to go ahead and lower the bike. It feels great, gives me more confidence, and my stops are smoother now as well. It was a pain constantly having to worry about the road slant when stopping/parking. Hubby says I fit great on the bike but he thinks the Ninja 650 looks too big on me.

Roadstergal

Reaction score
Visit site
5'1". One foot down at stops (shifting a cheek off if necessary), other foot on peg (right foot on rear brake helps with stability). Much more stable than trying to tippytoe, and I've never had a problem with any bike that was 'too tall' for me.

Even the DR-Z I took out for the little morning-of-wedding shoot...

3584.jpg

blu04

Reaction score
Visit site
I am 5' 11" and think the bike is just a bout the perfect size I can see where the bigger folks might look big as I have seen some tall guys on bikes and even thought to myself " the guy makes that bike look like a minibike". But it is like anything else whatever makes you happy and as long as you enjoy it keep doing it.

michael_p

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 197 cm (6'5"?) and 100 kgs (220 lbs).
And it's just fine. :thumbup:
Anyway it is after I put some Gilles rearsets and Hyperpro Springkit on it. :D
(Look like a bent nail, but who cares? :D)

Last edited:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
6 feet 3 inches

I sat on a Ninja 250 at the dealer and it was too funny! Could have put training wheels on it and it would have been funnier. :D

lsherrer

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 5'6", 125 lbs, and unfortunately I feel like my bike is too big for me. After buying a custom seat and boots, I still don't get enough of my feet on the ground to feel comfortable at stops. When I'm moving, all is great!!

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
5'1". One foot down at stops (shifting a cheek off if necessary), other foot on peg (right foot on rear brake helps with stability). Much more stable than trying to tippytoe, and I've never had a problem with any bike that was 'too tall' for me.

Even the DR-Z I took out for the little morning-of-wedding shoot...

3584.jpg

That is an awsome pic.

I'm 5'10" and around 245 lb (down from 280 in Dec. and still going down) I've only though of the bike as being big a couple times, ussually because someone else made a comment about it being big. Not big on me, just being a big bike in general.

WereGrouch

Mrs. Skrapiron
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 5'6" and I can flatfoot the FZ6 (rear shock is always set for passengers). Some friends have borrowed my Fizzer:

6"5", 250#- he looked a bit large on the bike, but was comfortable at a stop and didn't feel cramped for riding position;

6'2", 275#- was comfortable, wanted a bit more stretch to the pegs;

5'10", 180#- not very comfortable with the seat height at a stop but likes the leg position while riding.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
6'3, 215 lbs. + 5'9 slender girlfriend on the back (i like them tall :thumbup:)
Picked up my bike 3 days ago and i love the size, though I am thinking of getting bar risers and footpeg kit (just thinking)

Not sure about how it looks, but shouldn't be too bad. Admittedly, looks dont bother me - the two of us rode on my KLR 650 before.

I actually prefer maneuverability which tends to be inversely related to the size. I have nothing against 'busas and big cruisers, btw, but I think some people get hooked on "bigger is better" (applies to both motorcycles and cages), and judge by their preference. But that's me.

msphill

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6' and always felt fine on my bike till a girlfriend told me I looked big on it... Hurt the coolness factor i thought of myself but not anything I can do about it, the bike fits me better then anything else I tried and I love it, so oh well. (she naturally didnt get to go for a ride after that)