Okay to use 110/70 tire on the wheel that typically uses a 120/70? And 190/55 instead of 180/55?

CanadaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Not that anyone cares but I am back. Sold my 2006 FZ6 early 2022, and I actually did miss it so I upgraded to a 37k mile 2008 FZ6 for $1100USD ($1400CAD). I couldn't resist getting another.

Anyways, due to very limited stock on a lot of tires I'm looking at right now, I might need to run a 110/190 for a while. For some reason supply on a lot of tires here in the traditional 120/180 so many bikes use is slim.

A 190 rear seems fine to me, I've gone up a bit in size before, I know it changes the profile of the tire a bit but oh well. What about going down from 120/70 to a 110/70, that one has be more concerned?

Any thoughts?

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I’m sure it will be fine. The rear tire will be a little pinched on the rim and the front will be a little flat/stretched. That will have a slight effect on rake and trail (raising the rear and lowering the front). Also the front tire losing its curved profile will need a bit more effort to come off center. These are things that you may notice for a few miles and then you will forget about it. These are minor differences…like I said it will be fine…it would drive me bat shit crazy but that’s me.

CanadaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I’m sure it will be fine. The rear tire will be a little pinched on the rim and the front will be a little flat/stretched. That will have a slight effect on rake and trail (raising the rear and lowering the front). Also the front tire losing its curved profile will need a bit more effort to come off center. These are things that you may notice for a few miles and then you will forget about it. These are minor differences…like I said it will be fine…it would drive me bat shit crazy but that’s me.

Thanks for the reply. It isn't something that would bother me either just making sure mostly the 110 wasn't a big issue before I bought it.