Average height of a FZ6 rider

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
6'2" and the bike is perfect fit (after installing lower handle bars). Tried a Triumph Daytona 675, blast to ride but I felt like I was perched on top of a toy.

I sat on a Dayona yesterday and it did feel really small. I also tried the speed triple and the 1100 monster and both of those felt really good. One of those will deff be my next bike. The ducati streetfighter felt perfect, but who has 15k to spend on a bike...I don't that's for sure.

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
Stupid picture in the back yard. The shot was taken because I was going to send my saddle to Spencer for modification and he wanted photos of my position. Never did get around to having it done, maybe this Winter.

I am 6'1" and this is before I added the FZ1 bars. Proportions seem fine to me. However, as I mentioned earlier, I like bikes on the smaller size as long as I am not cramped.

Tim

codibergen

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey so i am 6'1 as well and wondering how comfortable this bike is. I am looking to buy one in the near future and was wondering how good it is for touring?? Is it comfortable after a couple hours of riding?

Mojave

Reaction score
Visit site
6'4" and a fatty at 360 lbs. I've been told I look like Bowser from Mario Kart, but I'm not sure that's the bike's fault.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
For all the taller riders how is the wind protection? Does the stock wind screen do anything?

I do know that tall riders experience less wind buffeting. You can test this yourself by raising up on the seat a couple inches...the wind noise is drastically reduced!

I'm 5'8" and the bike fits me great...I just wish the windscreen was about 1.5" shorter so it wouldn't cause the wind buffeting.

Hoosier4444

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6'2" and I love the bike. Wind noise was a bit of a problem at 70+mph, but ordering a touring windshield to save my hearing. Ergonomically, its exactly what I wanted and quite honestly one of the largest factors for buying it. I ride with my father who has an fjr and the kawasaki ninja looked ridiculous and couldn't ride for more than 5 hours. The Fz6 has the comfort range I was looking for and all due to the seating position.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

FZ6_Black

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 5-7. New rider. First bike. I can get the balls of my feet on the ground. Usually not a problem on stops, but difficult to back up the bike in a parking spot. Thinking about shaving the seat. Wondering if it's worth the hassle.

ClutchUp06

Not a 600...Not intersted
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 6'2" and I love the bike. Wind noise was a bit of a problem at 70+mph, but ordering a touring windshield to save my hearing. Ergonomically, its exactly what I wanted and quite honestly one of the largest factors for buying it. I ride with my father who has an fjr and the kawasaki ninja looked ridiculous and couldn't ride for more than 5 hours. The Fz6 has the comfort range I was looking for and all due to the seating position.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Dont buy the puig touring windscreen.. my dad bought and said it was horrible..it blocks the wind from the chest and sends it right to your face...my .02cents