Average height of a FZ6 rider

B4sok

Reaction score
Visit site
6 ft 2 here as well and the bike is great. My friend(5ft 7) said he thought it was to small for me, buy I know he only wants to buy it.

RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT :thumbup:

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll see your 6ft 3 and raise you 3 inches. I am 6ft 6in in my bare feet (6ft 7 in riding boots)

Is my FZ6 too small? Well I used to drive a Golf GTI in the UK and although it was maybe a little too small for me I would never admit it as I enjoyed driving it too soon. I guess if asked if my FZ6 is too small to then I'd probably give you the same answer.

Having said that this is my first bike I'm not too sure what too small is. I have never seen myself on the bike so can't comment.
e the shifter easily. So far so good.

I do know that I am thinking about investing in a taller screen as the wind seems to hit me right in the chest.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a friend that is 6'3" and 265lbs - the FZ6 looks normal for him.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll see your 6ft 3 and raise you 3 inches. I am 6ft 6in in my bare feet (6ft 7 in riding boots)

Is my FZ6 too small? Well I used to drive a Golf GTI in the UK and although it was maybe a little too small for me I would never admit it as I enjoyed driving it too soon. I guess if asked if my FZ6 is too small to then I'd probably give you the same answer.

Having said that this is my first bike I'm not too sure what too small is. I have never seen myself on the bike so can't comment.
e the shifter easily. So far so good.

I do know that I am thinking about investing in a taller screen as the wind seems to hit me right in the chest.

pfft....I'll bet thats all torsoe.

I'm all legs baby.

*pulls up skirt every so gently*

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
pfft....I'll bet thats all torsoe.

I'm all legs baby.

*pulls up skirt every so gently*

I'm all torso, actually. 6'4" and about 270. Anything I'm on looks small by comparison, so I'm told. It's comfy for me. Not too tall or short or whatever. Just right.

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Good thread topic. I am short 5'7 and this bike felt a little tall for me stock so I shaved the seat and used lowering springs to bring it down an inch. Funny thing is when I am parked next to a friends 08 GSXR my bike looks much taller than his. And even next to a bigger bike like the Suzuki TL it looks the same height, but much slimmer and more nimble.

nnowatzk

Reaction score
Visit site
6'1" - I feel like the FZ6 is the perfect size for me. I sat on A LOT of bikes this spring during my search for a bike, and couldn't believe how cramped I felt on others like the SV650.

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
6' here.. One of the main reasons I got this bike besides being super awesome was that I could put my feet flat on the ground perfectly.. I tried out a gsxr600 before and I was on tippie toes, Its not a very secure feeling..

kaz

Reaction score
Visit site
6"1" and it fits me just righhhhhhtt. Can stand flat footed and my boys are not mashed, works for me.:D

Airhead

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Well I'd say if you wear a helmet, gloves, riding suit, boots, etc. how tall you are on the bike is the least of your fashion worries. :D

btw I'm 5'11" about 230lbs.

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Well I used to be 6', but last time I was at the Docs office they said I was 5'11" so I guess I'm shrinking:eek:
Doesn't matter as the bike fits me just right and someone at work also told me it looked to small for me, I say the h*** with them, ride and enjoy:rockon:

Jerry

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
5'8" for me, and my Fizzy fits me just fine!!
I could probably switch to some low cruiser, but where is the fun in that?? :D

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
5'10", 32" inseam and can flatfoot with knees bent. Both the FZ6 and the FZ1 BTW.

I'm well beyond 6 pack abs... I'm up to a 12 pack and headed for a 30 rack unless I stop with the Sam Adams...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I''m 5'-7" I have the shock adjusted for a harder ride so I don't get as much compression in turns. On level surface I'm on my toes. Not "Tippy Toes" but I can't flat foot it. The bike is real nice for me with FZ1 bars.

Cliff