Anyone up for a tour of Tassie!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i aint gonna be tearing shreds of rubber off them, like someone else i know! :eek:

Who's that? Sounds like a w4nk3r. I hate him already:BLAA:.

Seriously though. With 2 on the bike, on potentially mossy, and perhaps gravelly roads, combined with the fact that a pillion doesn't slow you down any, you'll be wanting some decent sticky rubber. Unfortunately any sticky rubber will square off on the ride over.:(

Put 45 psi in the BT016's, and coupled with the quite rigid carcass, they should not flex at all, and should not heat up. This will help to keep the rubber on the tyre where it belongs. Then when you get there, drop it to 31/36, and you should just about be able to ride up a tree.:cheer::rockon::D

Also, because the FZ6 won't have the grunt to spin them up exiting a turn (or just getting on it in a straight line...lol), the rubber will again be tempted to stay on the tyre:cheer:. I'm guessing that, with the commute, and your 3000km over at Tassie, you'll come back with a slightly squared off tyre, that will still serve you for another couple thou, admittedly, less than ideally shaped for twisty work, but this is your tourer:thumbup:

7000km, or even perhaps a tich more, from a tyre that hangs on in the tight stuff like these little rippers is pretty spesh:rockon:. You may even get more like 9000km:D.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FFS.....hurry up Thursday the 24th...the first day of official tour duties for me at least....

Hanging for the 22nd too, When Mike & Kazza arrive...

Hanging for the 23rd, when we have our SA Fizzer ride....

Hanging for the 25th...WSBK FTW!

Hanging for the 27th...when we "dock" with Humpy & Kel...

But most of all i am hanging for the 28th, when we get off the Ferry in Tassie...and start carving a path round the Apple Isle....

First ever FZ6 Forum Super Tour will be all systems go then!!!!

Woo F****** Hoo!

:rockon: and all that stuff!

My how far we have come Aussie Fizzers.....

:bow:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Only sad thing, nearly 3 weeks without my dogs.

I'll miss my babies :(

13 days away from my 2 kids...longest time apart from them ever....i am already freaking about that, expect me to "Fret" about 7 days in....

So, Kazza, as Jess says, we can be friends in our longing for our "Kids"....

:(

:(

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, that's gonna be hard for you.

Oh well, the twisties will put a smile on your face :)

That, and the fact that this is also a "Schnitty & Crayfish tour" for me...my mission is to find the best Schnitzel in Tassie, and partake in the joys of Crayfish Season!

A good Schnitty washed down with a decent Brew always put's a smile on my dial! A fresh Cray, with lots of salt & pepper, lemon, and a bit of seafood sauce.... Yuuuuum!

So every pub, or half baked restaurant we stop at, if they aint got fresh seafood, it will be a Schnitty for me....

Apparently Tasmania has awesome Crayfish at this time of the Year! FTW!

:rockon:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That, and the fact that this is also a "Schnitty & Crayfish tour" for me...my mission is to find the best Schnitzel in Tassie, and partake in the joys of Crayfish Season!

A good Schnitty washed down with a decent Brew always put's a smile on my dial! A fresh Cray, with lots of salt & pepper, lemon, and a bit of seafood sauce.... Yuuuuum!

So every pub, or half baked restaurant we stop at, if they aint got fresh seafood, it will be a Schnitty for me....

Apparently Tasmania has awesome Crayfish at this time of the Year! FTW!

:rockon:

Schnitty :drool: :drool: :drool: piled HIGH with chips , gravy & a sensational salad with a drizzle of Italian dressing............... Well done , I just gave myself a bad case of the hungries :( lucky its nearly lunchtime;)

heath_AU

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all. Keen as mustard to get your itinerary. I believe you rock up here on the 28th?
Where to after that? I am in kingston (just south of hobart) and keen as mustard to join you for a day or so.

Oh and as for the kids burning the house down thing, dont wanna make you stress but check this out.

Snorkel fails to save house Tasmania News - The Mercury - The Voice of Tasmania

i could see this from my balcony.
im told it was a kids + matches result.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Downloaded a good iPhone app today - Discover Tasmania. Attractions, restaurants etc and it was free :thumbup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Been thinking of roadside assist just for peace of mind , anybody else have it & who is your provider ????

My roadside assist is very expensive. Goes by the name of Mike and can be found in West Perth during working hours and in the shed after hours with a stubbie of James Squire.

:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My roadside assist is very expensive. Goes by the name of Mike and can be found in West Perth during working hours and in the shed after hours with a stubbie of James Squire.

:D

Lol, doesnt sound that expensive! I work for Beer too! :D