Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not long guys.

Good things come to those who wait

:D

Mike took my baby to work again today - scrubbing those tyres. He likes the Z8s. Hopefully I will too :thumbup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not long guys.

Good things come to those who wait

Mike took my baby to work again today - scrubbing those tyres. He likes the Z8s. Hopefully I will too :thumbup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fimally got round to sorting what tyres i am going to get today...set of Bridgestone BT016's, front & rear, $480 fitted....

Nearly decided to get Metzeler M3's, but apparently they dont warm up real good on cold days, and i hate cold, hard tyres!

As for patience Kazza....i was in my bed this morning, struggling to sleep, when the rewalisation hit me that you guys would be at our house next Tuesday, we are riding Wednesday, and Thursday we are off! I had a genuine moment of Panicky excitement!!!

Jess has her helmet now, and the bike is pretty much packed and ready to go!!!

Jess's pannier weighs 7.3kg's, mine weighs 8kg's, the top box weigh's 11kg's!!! So so far we have 26kg's of luggage!!! I reckon we will add about another 4-6kg's by the time we pack a pair of shoes each, toiletries, in the space left aside in the panniers, and top box, and we add a very lightly packed "Tank bag/day bag".

So all up, we will weigh about 190kg's on the bike, including luggage!!!! Sheesh! That's right on the FZ6 owners manual prescribed load limit!!!

Is about now i wish that i still had a stiffer rear shock...like my old Ohlins!!!

I could always chuck Damien's rear shock in....might save a bit of wallowing when packed to the gills!!!

Am seriously considering getting a courier to lug all my gear from Hobart To Strahan on Day 6!!! 99 bends at 190 kg's on an FZ6 (That's 400kg all up people!) sounds like a great way to spoil a potentially great ride!

Next time i am organising someone to follow us in a Car!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Fimally got round to sorting what tyres i am going to get today...set of Bridgestone BT016's, front & rear, $480 fitted.... That's good - my Z8's (incl. 90' valve stems, $630

Nearly decided to get Metzeler M3's, but apparently they dont warm up real good on cold days, and i hate cold, hard tyres!

As for patience Kazza....i was in my bed this morning, struggling to sleep, when the rewalisation hit me that you guys would be at our house next Tuesday, we are riding Wednesday, and Thursday we are off! I had a genuine moment of Panicky excitement!!! I'm with ya :D

Jess has her helmet now, and the bike is pretty much packed and ready to go!!!

Jess's pannier weighs 7.3kg's, mine weighs 8kg's, the top box weigh's 11kg's!!! So so far we have 26kg's of luggage!!! I reckon we will add about another 4-6kg's by the time we pack a pair of shoes each, toiletries, in the space left aside in the panniers, and top box, and we add a very lightly packed "Tank bag/day bag".

So all up, we will weigh about 190kg's on the bike, including luggage!!!! Sheesh! That's right on the FZ6 owners manual prescribed load limit!!!

Is about now i wish that i still had a stiffer rear shock...like my old Ohlins!!! :D My shock now and I'm not giving it up

I could always chuck Damien's rear shock in....might save a bit of wallowing when packed to the gills!!!

Am seriously considering getting a courier to lug all my gear from Hobart To Strahan on Day 6!!! 99 bends at 190 kg's on an FZ6 (That's 400kg all up people!) sounds like a great way to spoil a potentially great ride!

Next time i am organising someone to follow us in a Car! Great idea!

Just Mikes rear tyre to go and we're done :steve:

Prebstar

FZ6 Maintenance Man
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What tyres is Mike running??? I'm sure i have been told, but???

Running Roadsmarts on the mighty XJR :rockon:, and very happy with them. Give good feedback and get good mileage out of them.
Good call on not gettig the M3's. Have them on the Speedy (that's what it came with)and don't rate them that well. The only feedback i get from them is when they let go, mainly the rear.
Have had a few butt puckering moments gasing out of corners :eek:. Once we get back from our Tassie trip i'm gonna get rid of them.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Running Roadsmarts on the mighty XJR :rockon:, and very happy with them. Give good feedback and get good mileage out of them.
Good call on not gettig the M3's. Have them on the Speedy (that's what it came with)and don't rate them that well. The only feedback i get from them is when they let go, mainly the rear.
Have had a few butt puckering moments gasing out of corners :eek:. Once we get back from our Tassie trip i'm gonna get rid of them.

Yes well, i read a few reviews on the M3's, and got scared! I know the 016's will grip, i have seen it for myself, watching Mikey ride up walls on them! :eek:

On a different note, i am glad i packed last night...as i am already starting to brutalise my pack, and take stuff out! Mini Compressor has already been removed ! We have a Tyre repair kit, and we can get air in out tyres when we stop for petrol, otherwise...and as we are not camping, there are no blow up mattresse's to inflate!

I have also removed some tools from the first pack, which if we have a need for, we will need more than the tools i am leaving out, to get going again!!

Have also decided i am only taking one jacket, the full Rally style jacket, with a decent removal liner, waterproof, etc.......if it gets hot, i am going to stink!!!! Only one pair of Spare gloves each! I reckon i can knock about another 5kg's out of my pack, without compromising anything on the trip...

Am packing light, am watching how much i eat, it's all part of a plan to save petrol, and have a bike that is not loaded to the point of overloaded!

I could just about leave either the Top Box, or the Tank bag out, if i get real smart!!! perfect solution would be to have a very light top box, and a lightly packed tank bag, so that weight is better positioned from the front of the bike to the rear....

Have already got the panniers weighing bugger all, and of a very similar weight hanging off each side, for balance sake.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Fimally got round to sorting what tyres i am going to get today...set of Bridgestone BT016's, front & rear, $480 fitted....

Thats why the M3's (amazed you found some) have now been superseeded by the M5 sportec's :thumbup: The upgraded tyre fixed the cold tyre issue & I challenge you to find an unfavourable review of them ;) After all the M5's were voted 2010 sports tyre of the year :cheer: Send Azz a PM & ask him what he thinks of them.....

Amazed you get good mileage out of the Dunlops Mike , mine only lasted 4900 k's......... I have 17000 :eek: on the Z6 Inters , the canvas hanging out of them & still they have 90% of their performance...

New Z8 when they arrive for me but incase they dont get here in time my donut man has Z6's ready for me :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I posted this once before,99 bends coming into Queenstown on the west coast of tassie,take notice that these guys can't ride either.Crossing double lines all the time !
YouTube- 99 bends

Whilst our Cruiser riding friends in this video are not exactly the best riders, the road looks pretty decent, still not as tight as Lobethal Road, and probably not as many corners...it still looks bloody amazing!

Guest room at home, is now set up, all ready for our Interstate Guests...Jess is freaking though, cause the Pods for our new coffee machine have not turned up yet! :(

:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jamie, when are you intending on doing this trip. Kazza and I are more than likely going to the Supers next year and I would love to tour around Tassie. I'm not sure she'd be up to riding though. She might just fly back to Perth after the supers, but I'd carry on to Tassie with the bike, or before the racing if that was the case. What sort of "sleeping" arrangements etc are you planning? I'm not too keen on camping, as it means that I have to carry more crap over from Perth.

Well, you've got my permission, not as though you really needed it..... :D

Have you got a definate date yet ?? Both Kel & I are keen so i guess there is no harm in asking the boss for a holiday :thumbup:

And it was from this point onwards that this became an epic journey, with participants coming from 3 states, with 6 States travelled through at some point!

Nearly 60000km's in total travelled by bike, car, & ferry between the 6 of us!

Excited.....

Just a little!

:rockon: