Anyone up for a tour of Tassie!

Can I come on the cadbury tour? I am looking at the factory right now!! I live literally 2k away at most and I have never been past the loading dock (for work).
Also if I can add the TMAG is a pretty boring museum as museums go, but you may have heard that there has been a brand new museum/gallery built called Mona which is about a 2 minute drive from Cadbury's and this place is exceptional. It's located at a winery (moorilla estate and they also do beer moo brew but it tastes like flowers IMO) and it's crazy weird and interesting, there is a wall of vagina's and poo making machine etc etc. If you guys decide to do this I'd like to tag along too. I am pretty sure it is free at the moment too.

You can absolutely tag along with us mate.. All those in agreeance say I... We hope to catch up with all the Taswegians while we are there :thumbup:

Thanks for the insight into the museums , the poo machine has my intrigued (i gotta know what that is) :eyebrow: :D & im now off to google moo brew ;)

Sweet!!! Yeah I am intrigued as to how the poo machine works, apparently you put food in it and it goes through all these chambers and stuff and it comes out poo!!! Moo Brew is snot though Sorry :(

Museum of Old and New Art

Doesn't tell you much but this is the place!!

Hey, do you guys use Google Earth much? It seems like such an under valued resource. I know you're using Where Is, and others, but if you want to look at the terrain, the road type, and even whether it will be overhung by trees and prone to debris, you will find it hard to beat.

Can do nice tilted, 3D screen shots to hard copy as maps or even make a video:thumbup: (can you tell I'm a fan?:BLAA:).

I've rarely (if ever) seen Jamie use it, and was just wondering.

View attachment 33479

Hey, do you guys use Google Earth much? It seems like such an under valued resource. I know you're using Where Is, and others, but if you want to look at the terrain, the road type, and even whether it will be overhung by trees and prone to debris, you will find it hard to beat.

Can do nice tilted, 3D screen shots to hard copy as maps or even make a video:thumbup: (can you tell I'm a fan?:BLAA:).

View attachment 33479

All the maps/routes I posted on page 20 were painstakingly researched in google earth , I would pick a route , google earth it find it was dirt then change it :thumbup: LOVE Google Earth ;)

I've even got Geocaches uploaded into the GPS along the routes :D

All the maps/routes I posted on page 20 were painstakingly researched in google earth , I would pick a route , google earth it find it was dirt then change it :thumbup: LOVE Google Earth ;)

I've even got Geocaches uploaded into the GPS along the routes :D

That was gonna be my next question.....lol. How many Geocache stops have you got planned?:D

View attachment 33479
Just found the Cadbury factory - thanks Mikey :)

That was gonna be my next question.....lol. How many Geocache stops have you got planned?:D

A few but they are only in places that I know were are going to stop :thumbup: & we have the netbook so I we have extra stops I may be able to hunt targets of opportunity.....

Im worried about the muggle folk im riding with though :eek: :rolleyes: :D

A few but they are only in places that I know were are going to stop :thumbup: & we have the netbook so I we have extra stops I may be able to hunt targets of opportunity.....

Im worried about the muggle folk im riding with though :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Trimble in the UK do an App, for a number of GPS phones, that you can set up to look for caches, and log your finds etc. It is called the Geocache Navigator. It is only about $30- ish and I can vouch for the fact that it is pretty groovy. You can use Maps, Aerial Photos, or Topographical backgrounds in map mode, or you can use a compass pointer, or even a funky radar-like screen to locate caches with.

Home

You can make a note in your phone re. swaps etc. so it becomes an easy, one tool, paperless activity:cheer:.

You can even access past logs, and the description, and clue pages.

Trimble in the UK do an App, for a number of GPS phones, that you can set up to look for caches, and log your finds etc. It is called the Geocache Navigator. It is only about $30- ish and I can vouch for the fact that it is pretty groovy. You can use Maps, Aerial Photos, or Topographical backgrounds in map mode, or you can use a compass pointer, or even a funky radar-like screen to locate caches with.

Home

You can make a note in your phone re. swaps etc. so it becomes an easy, one tool, paperless activity:cheer:.

You can even access past logs, and the description, and clue pages.

Great info mate , thanks for the heads up :thumbup: I'd rep ya but I gotta share the love :rolleyes:

EVERY single f**kn' thread.

Really?

:shakehead:
:rant:

Cacking myself laughing.....yep, every single thread!

LOL!

By the way folks, the ride schedule is just about done....suggested fuel stops, riding time, etc, is all sorted..i even found every servo in Tassie that has BP ultimate, or BP 95, for those of us who wont settle for anything less....

Did you know that we do 3300km's in Tassie???? 420km's average a day....not too trying, just nice....great job Humpy....

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited:
Good news about fuel. Yep, nothing less than BP 95 in my baby :)

3300kms in Tassie? Nice!

Not long now.

10 MORE SLEEPS THEN NO MORE PERTH :rockon:

:steve:

Mike has booked me in for Z8 Interacts on Tuesday

:rockon:

Well Done , more Metzelers than you can shake a stick at on this trip :thumbup:

I'll be Metzeler shod , hopefully on Z8's they are due finally on Satdee if not then i'll have another run of Z6's.. A Kel will be Metzeler shod aswell , Marathons they call the cruiser range :thumbup:

I have decided that i am getting BT016's before we go! Too much hassle on the Saturday Morning on the Island! Will just have to pump up them up nice and hard for the ride over to PI.... :scared:

Mikey, the Tyre Guru, has nothing but amazing things to say about these tyres, and he knows how i ride, and we both agree, these tyres are the best choice for me!

With the right tyre pressures, the fact that we wont exactly be riding the wheels off our bikes, and the reality that with a big load, relatively low hp, i aint gonna be tearing shreds of rubber off them, like someone else i know! :eek:

Back