Alien Cafe Racer Headlight! fitted! now with lotsa pics!

dammit. yours pictures are somehow making me regret that i sold mine! i am actually thinking of calling my friend to sell it back to me!

dammit. yours pictures are somehow making me regret that i sold mine! i am actually thinking of calling my friend to sell it back to me!

I could understand why you would sell it, it takes a fair bit of mucking about with to get it to fit, and look like it is meant to be there....

Still, all the comments i have had from people who have seen it in the flesh, on the bike, have been very positive, to glowing with praise! It definitely makes the bike look very different, and it's "head turning" qualities, are pretty high.

:D

Ok, i have modified the headlight unit! I was not happy with the fact that the lower of the 2 stacked headlights was peeking out from behind the fairing, and i thought it looked a bit "naff", so after a bit of thought, a little engenuity, a bit of decent thick, dense black rubber matting, and judicious use of some black cable ties, i know have an "undertray" on my new headlight...

You can hardly notice it's there at a glance, and i think it looks like it's meant to be there (that's the intention anyway), and it tidies things up heaps, improving the "view" from side on, and looking through from above the instrument panel...

It should also help keep things nice and clean, and it also hides any unsightly wiring that is hanging around...

Here are some before and after shots...
before...
View attachment 28869

after...
View attachment 28870

And a full profile shot, where you can see how it "fits in".
View attachment 28871

:thumbup:

Looks great! The last picture is wicked awesome!

I love all of the carbon fiber and the black and silver flow nicely together. I wasn't sure about the fairing at first, but with the clip ons and the fairing lowered, it looks amazing.

If I could only win the lottery...

I could understand why you would sell it, it takes a fair bit of mucking about with to get it to fit, and look like it is meant to be there....

Still, all the comments i have had from people who have seen it in the flesh, on the bike, have been very positive, to glowing with praise! It definitely makes the bike look very different, and it's "head turning" qualities, are pretty high.

:D
yeah that's right. fortunately i had someone to help me with it. i fitted my low beam with HID. the person who helped me with the HID helped to fix up the brackets as well.

yeah that's right. fortunately i had someone to help me with it. i fitted my low beam with HID. the person who helped me with the HID helped to fix up the brackets as well.

Am thinking of doing a HID conversion on both the lights on mine...which HID kit did you use?

Is that purple cover there on purpose??? A bit out of place imo :)

That is actually black, but for some reason it always shows up purple in photo's, especially when the sun is shining straight at it at 4.30pm in the afternoon!

But your right, looks weird as...might have to take the thing off, and get it painted....cause it's staying on the bike, that little plate at the bottom might come in real handy in a spill, if my previous experience with an FZ6 going down on that side is anything to by!

Am thinking of doing a HID conversion on both the lights on mine...which HID kit did you use?
it was a made in china HID kit. the person that helped me fixed it up do mainly cars. my previous bike was a "1 eye jack" with H4 headlight. the person got a adaptor for me, from h4 - h3 so that it was a direct fit from my bike to the headlight.

Back