Planning thread for the 2010 California FZ6 Rally

jbwaterman84

Born to ride
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Try and see if any members from the great Pacific Northwest are interested in forming a group ride, and then we can arrange a meeting point and combine the two groups for one day and night.

Im definitely interested :) Cant say for certain yet but def a possibility...

Josh

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Who's in:
1. Cali Rider - (John)
2. nccoder - (Cliff)
3. Vegasrider - (Kenny)
4. Smokenu - (Dave)
5. PowellB - (Powell)
6. jtarkany - (John)
7. rsw81 (Rob)

So long as my shoulder heals well without complication, count me in. I'm down for the May/early June time frame if possible as I'll be moving to Boston at the end of June.

Always nice to have a Doctor along for the ride.

Early June sounds good.

S

scenicware

The survey has been sent to your private message folder. It contains the link and password for the survey.

Thank you!
Jon

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I definitly am interested. I can come with others from the Northwest. We can try and coordinate this to meet and have some fun. Just keep me posted and we should be good to go. :thumbup::rockon:

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I definitly be interested. I can come with others from the Northwest. We can try and coordinate this to meet and have some fun. Just keep me posted and we should be good to go. :thumbup::rockon:

Well, you can start your own list involving the NW members on here too, so we have an idea of what were looking at. Certainly, if there are members from the NW, obviously somwhere along the Oregon/California Border or even Lake Tahoe would be a nice meeting point.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Much appreciation to Jon (scenicware) of Central Coast Motorcycle Rider for setting up the survey that was sent to all of the currently committed members who have posted in this thread.

It seems that this thread ebbs and flows with interest, with a lot of riders looking forward to the event even though it's 5-7 months out. I hope we can find a consensus on time and route within the next 45-60 days and set the plan in stone.

frt96

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

I would love to join the Rally.

I live in nevada county in the sierra's.

There are some great roads in my neck of the woods.

I have never been on a large multi-day ride! This should be fun

S

scenicware

Survey for the 2010 California FZ6 Rally

Here are the results of the survey. I also had John (Cali Rider) review the results online. 12 riders took the survey but note* some questions allowed for multiple answers.

(questions are abbreviated)

1. What month works best. (multiple choices)
April - 1 rider
May - 4 riders
June - 8 riders
July - 1 riders

2. Ideal Pace for the ride
slow 0 riders
speed limit 0 riders
speed limit (10-15mph over) 10 riders
Fast 2 riders

3. Prefer to camp, hotel or mix?
camp 0 riders
hotel 2 riders
mix 10 riders

4. Age Group?
18-25 1 rider
26-34 5 riders
35-45 2 riders
46-55 3 riders
56-65 1 rider

5. Miles prefer to ride each day? (multiple choices)
250 2 riders
300 5 riders
350 4 riders
400 3 riders

6. Stop for breaks?
100 miles 2 riders
125 miles 2 riders
150 miles 2 riders
need gas 3 riders
no pref. 3 riders

7. Have you attempted a long rider before?
Yes 11
No 1

8. Ride destination preference (multiple choice)
Nevada Range 5 riders
Lake Tahoe 9 riders
Sequoia National Park 7 riders
Sherman Pass 5 riders
Mammoth Lake 6 riders

As a last note, since Cali Rider got this thing going, my feeling is that he should ultimately have the final say.

We can also do another survey if needed. Kenny had some good questions for the group too as far as the ride goes.

Thanks,
Jon (scenicware)

jbblunck

Reaction score
Visit site
Just read through this. I think you can count me in for whatever you end up doing. April, May, June, whatever. I'd like to participate. Just need fair warning to make plans. Easy pace, nothing too challenging, but I'll keep up with whatever you decide. Never done this, should be fun.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Interested, will know if I can commit when details get closer to finalizing. - n00dle (Patrick)

C'mon Man! Cool! Look forward to seeing you and on a local SoCal ride hopefully in the near future.

The weather is awesome today but I'm pulling wheels for new BT-016's :rockon:

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't wanted to address this issue, but I have no choice. I went back to work full-time about 2 months ago and just won't be able to commit to this tour. :(:( I just updated the original post to reflect my change of status, my apologies.

I am having a tough time just fitting in trackdays let alone 4-7 consecutive vacation days with a new employer! If I decide to re-retire between now and the ride window I will jump back on board.

I can offer help and tips beyond what is already posted here. However, someone else needs to step up and keep this ship on course with planning and updating this thread. PM me or just post here if you are so inclined.

Again, I'm sorry to bow out but it can't wait any longer for those of you planning to attend.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't wanted to address this issue, but I have no choice. I went back to work full-time about 2 months ago and just won't be able to commit to this tour. :(:( I just updated the original post to reflect my change of status, my apologies.

I am having a tough time just fitting in trackdays let alone 4-7 consecutive vacation days with a new employer! If I decide to re-retire between now and the ride window I will jump back on board.

I can offer help and tips beyond what is already posted here. However, someone else needs to step up and keep this ship on course with planning and updating this thread. PM me or just post here if you are so inclined.

Again, I'm sorry to bow out but it can't wait any longer for those of you planning to attend.

It's all good John, I think we can all understand that. What are you doing for work now? And more importantly, how is the new bike?

S

scenicware

Thank you Cali Rider for the info. I understand how it goes. I was just thinking this morning riding into work about the 2010 ride. It would probably be a good idea to pin down some dates. I saw that June looked like the most popular month for most. I know with my employer, I need to let them know very soon what vacation time I need to put in for. During the ride in, I thought about instead of all meeting up and riding together as a big group, maybe we could meet up at a destination and let each rider(s) plan their ride to the destination. We could then head out from there to a specific location or just a day of good riding. I know for the Central Coast it might be myself and just one or two other riders. Let us all know if somebody wants to pick up and take over for Cali Rider?

Thanks,
Jon
Scenicware
[email protected]