Planning thread for the 2010 California FZ6 Rally

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you Cali Rider for the info. I understand how it goes. I was just thinking this morning riding into work about the 2010 ride. It would probably be a good idea to pin down some dates. I saw that June looked like the most popular month for most. I know with my employer, I need to let them know very soon what vacation time I need to put in for. During the ride in, I thought about instead of all meeting up and riding together as a big group, maybe we could meet up at a destination and let each rider(s) plan their ride to the destination. We could then head out from there to a specific location or just a day of good riding. I know for the Central Coast it might be myself and just one or two other riders. Let us all know if somebody wants to pick up and take over for Cali Rider?

Thanks,
Jon
Scenicware
[email protected]

Sorry to hear that you won't be able to make it John. Which leaves somebody to step up to the plate and get this thing going.

I too agree with Scenicware in that we pick a date and a primary destination as soon as possible. It is there that we can all go out together on a group ride for at least a couple of days. It can be up to each rider if he or she wants to ride to the start point together.

According to the early polls, Lake Tahoe and early June seem to get the most votes. So we need to nail down a few dates and exactly where.

Anyone with suggestions on where to stay, eat, drink, etc? Seems like half the group wanted to camp, and the others get a room at a hotel. Once it's narrowed down, we can make our own reservations.

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Guy's, I too will have to decline. I'm in the process of opening my own business and hope to be open in July:thumbup:

I have a lot of work to do between now and then, and still have my day job on top of it all.

As soon as I have a location locked down, I will share my plans with all of you.and hope to see some Forum Members at the grand opening.

S

scenicware

Hello Riders,

I noticed that since Cali Rider took a step back (several weeks ago), we have not had any takers for the lead. I don't necessarily want to take it on but to get the wheels turning I am going to suggest the following: (based on the survey results)

Ride: Lake Tahoe
Date: Week of June 13th. (actual days during the week pending)
Distance: Approx 300+ miles per day. (depends on rider location and pref.)

While the majority of riders showed a mix of both camping and hotels, I think in reality most riders would end up doing what works best for them at the time. Do you guys agree? For myself, I would prefer to leave it kinda open and let each rider do his own thing and just plan on meeting up at pre-arranged locations.

So I am going to throw out that I am planning on heading to Tahoe on Sunday the 13th from the Central Coast of Calif.. I will be looking at taking the road less traveled to get there. At this time, I will be looking at routes and places to stay and will post those up in the future.

By no means is my pics here for date and location firm, I hope others will contribute too!

Thanks,
Jon
Sceniware
[email protected]

S

scenicware

I may be planning a group ride with some other local riders in June. Not sure if this FZ6 rally is going to come together. I will still try and provide some updates on our June ride though if by chance other are interested. Our ride though will be a variety of bikes. Thanks!

Jon

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Just noticed the updates and possible demise of our June ride. So...I would be willing to attempt to put something together for June. Give me a few days to put something together based on the following information (please let me know if there are any updates on those that are committed or are thinking about going):

Who has committed:
1- nccoder (Cliff): San Diego, CA
2- Vegasrider (Kenny): Las Vegas, NV (just guessing :confused:)
3- PowellB - (Powell): Los Angeles, CA
4- jtarkany - (John): Ventura, CA
5- rsw81 (Rob): Orange County, CA
6- scenicware (Jon): Central Coast, CA
7- frt96 (John): Penn Valley, CA

Who has shown interest and is currently undecided:
A- DefyInertia (Nate): San Francisco, CA
B- krid80 (Name please!!): Festus, MO
C- scottsst (Scott??): ????
D- Fred (Fred): Austin, TX
E- jbwaterman84 (Name please!!): Seattle, WA
F- mxgolf (Name please!!): Beaverton, OR