Reaction score
Visit site
I take germany too, but ...

You should consider argentina as well :D:D

Argentina-National-Soccer-Team-Funny-Ad.jpg

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Late break---on second thought (since Germany just did the blowout win against Argentina)----I'm changing back to Germany. I must have lost my mind last post. Germany looks GOOD!

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
What about Argentina vs Germany ?
Gawd, Sniff6, did you have to post up this? It's really disturbing. So much, I'm re-posting in case somebody missed it. Germany is really looking good. But, I heard you can't root "Deutschland!" because German young PC'ers are trying to connect it to WWII atrocities/attitudes). Poor Germans; if they win it all they're not supposed act "proud." Late edit: apparently the pics won't post up again. Waaah!

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, after that 4-0, Spock's team would have done much better with Yuyito as the coach !!!!

What about Spain 0 - 0 Paraguay after back to back penalty kicks!!!!!!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gotta say, I really enjoyed the Germany V Argentina game. Lots of goals and the skills shown by Germany were incredible.

Germany my pick for the cup :D

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Germany my pick for the cup :D

FINALLY you get the picture :)

Germany have been my pick since before the Australia game, which was the first of three matches in this world cup that they have stuffed 4 past the opposition.

Spain were less than convincing against Paraguay, I think Germany should do them on Wednesday then go on to beat Netherlands in the final.

It shows how quickly the complexion of the tournament changes, on Friday there were 4 South American, 3 European and one African team. Today all 3 European teams are still there but ony 1 South American.

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
It shows how quickly the complexion of the tournament changes, on Friday there were 4 South American, 3 European and one African team. Today all 3 European teams are still there but ony 1 South American.

Indeed!!!!!

I actually wanted Paraguay to go to the semifinals, and they were close!!!!
Either way, I'm really proud of their accomplishment in this world cup. It would be interesting to put on paper the "price per player" on that field yesterday and try to compare the total between Spain and Paraguay.
I do think Paraguay's goal on the first half was valid!!!!!

What about Uruguay? They've shown they know how to stop goals!!!!!!

It is interesting, I know several people that they DO NOT want neither Spain nor Germany to win.

Also, my Dad must be happy since he did not want Argentina to win, actually, Maradona to win!!!!!

arrobador

Reaction score
Visit site
If you love soccer (a.k.a football in Europe) you'll love how Spain does it.
I think that Spain has an impressive team, note that in 2008 won the European championship against Germany. And can win again... I hope so.
But everyone knows how difficult is to win a tournament. A simple error can be determinant for the final result.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you love soccer (a.k.a football in Europe) you'll love how Spain does it.
I think that Spain has an impressive team, note that in 2008 won the European championship against Germany. And can win again... I hope so.
But everyone knows how difficult is to win a tournament. A simple error can be determinant for the final result.

Too true, Spain can play with flair, but the Germans never give up, at this stage anything can happen, may the best team win :rockon:

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Andz: Beautiful pics. I understand the beaches there are real nice, too. I imagine there's a lot of bar action in Johannesburg. Must be exciting to host the World Cup. Here in USA, fans might fly around to different states to attend NFL "football" matches. With the rest of the world and "soccer," I know fans fly around to different countries to attend matches. The city that gets to host the World Cup has got to be one exciting venue.

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Andz: thanks a lot. Really nice pictures.

Well, this time the world cup will stay (again) in Europe!!!!

The Southamerican hopes died yesterday even though that last minute goal wanted to change the thing, but it was too late.
Uruguay did manage to get very far, if I remember correctly they were the last one classified from South America which had to earn the 1/2 spot shared with the CONCACAF

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Uruguay sucks balls, having a player punch out the ball... red card and the goal should count. fckers. reminds me of the evil french henry, what he did to qualify.

Netherlands will win the world cup tho.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Uruguay sucks balls, having a player punch out the ball... red card and the goal should count. fckers. reminds me of the evil french henry, what he did to qualify.

Netherlands will win the world cup tho.
Wirklich? Wir auf dass nicht warten werden. Deutschland is doch stark Nederlander!