• Just an idiot

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Other

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters

derek533

Reaction score
Visit site
So I was at a gas station tonight just enjoying the beautiful Oklahoma weather and was partaking in an ice water and a cigar leaning against my bike. Then, here come two riders pulling into the station consisting of a BMW 1600 (I think, don't know my beamers that well), and a Harley Electra Glide. The Electra glide guy is filling up with gas and the BMW is parked next to him at the pump. The Harley rider is toppping off his tank and puts the pump handle back in place. He looks over to his buddy on the BMW and says "200 miles on 2.6 gallons, not too bad".

If an overweight pig of a bike Electra Glide can get 76mpg, then surely our Fz's ought to be well over 100mpg.

Either he was lying, or just an idiot. Hmm, perhaps a poll? :D

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Odometer set to kilo and he pumped gallons? Thus being a true genius! Idk...

Circle

Reaction score
Visit site
I love the fact that your at the pump smoking a cigar.:rockon:
I stopped right there and got the Terminator image. Bad ass!
Damn.. I feel like a smoke right now! (and I haven't smoked in 20 yrs!)
Excuse me...

A friend of mine tells me that when he was younger he'd roll and smoke his own while going home on the bike. (Open face helmet of course! - Cheater eh!)

derek533

Reaction score
Visit site
I love the fact that your at the pump smoking a cigar.:rockon:
I stopped right there and got the Terminator image. Bad ass!
Damn.. I feel like a smoke right now! (and I haven't smoked in 20 yrs!)
Excuse me...

A friend of mine tells me that when he was younger he'd roll and smoke his own while going home on the bike. (Open face helmet of course! - Cheater eh!)

Perhaps I should have been more clear. While it would have been totally bad ass (and extremely idiotic) to smoke a cigar at a gas pump, I was pulled in front of the store when this occurred. Sorry to ruin your image of me but you go ahead and think that if you want. :D

jdoorn14

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe that's the amount of oil he had to put in to cover that range? Or the amount of coolant lost?

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
My 700 lb, 1635cc Victory cruiser got a record high of 52 mpg on my fall trip last year. My cousin's Victory (1500cc, 800 lbs) got a whopping 58 mpg!

Bigger engines don't necessarily get worse MPG than our FZ6's! They only have to turn at 2,200 rpms on the highway!

If a 2,500 lb car can get 48 mpg (all gas) then there is no reason a 800 lb bike can't get 60 mpg.

EDIT: I think the guy in your OP meant "200 miles, 3.6 gallons" or maybe you misheard him. 55 mpg seems very likely on that bike.

Last edited:

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
When I rode a V-Star 1100, I was lucky to make 45mpg. Lots of things go into gas mileage, but I imagine it was just a joke between them. If not and he was trying to brag, he's an idiot.

In contrast, after 16 tanks, I make 35.6mpg on my GSX-R750 and that seems to be on the high end. So engine size and weight aren't all there is to it.

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't see the challenge here...200 miles, unload harley from pick up at buddies house just down the road, ride to gas station, put in 2.2 gallons..perfect...:BLAA: