Yamaha no longer making he FZ6

RobberRog

Reaction score
Visit site
I know I'm late to the party, but I'm really freaking out about Yamaha not making the FZ6 anymore. I love that bike. So much that I'm thinking about selling my 07 to buy an 09, just to have one 2 years longer. How long will my 07 last? It's got 22K miles now and runs flawlessly. Do I really need to be concerned about getting rid of a perfect 07 for an 09? Will my 07 last longer than I need a bike anyway? Will these bikes go 100K or 200K miles?

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
- It will last as long as you take care of it.
- Not unless you want to.
- Yes, as long as you take care of it.
- Yes, as long as you take care of it.

:D

DDS

Reaction score
Visit site
Smiley%2B%253DD.png

ericausand

Reaction score
Visit site
There will be used FZ6's on the market for another 20 years. And the prices are only going to go down.

100K miles in a bike isn't a bid deal these days, I think with proper maintenance the bike should go past that. Keep the 2007 and spend that money on an upgrade instead!

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ6 is not the be all, end all of street bikes. It's a good bike, but not a great bike in the vein of a Honda CB 550 or CB 750 and will not be remembered as some sort of landmark in street bikes. When the FZ6 wears out at 100k miles or so upgrade to whatever is the latest flavor and you'll be amazed at the strides the industry has made. Your FZ 6 will seem old by that time.

kyle

Reaction score
Visit site
You mustn't cling and fight change. It is inevitable. Mmmm, FZ-8. Wait, the ergos...my neck! Argh! FJR ftw!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah if someone offered me an FJR for my FZ and I had another bike for the track I'd be all over that

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
When the FZ8 first came out, I thought it looked pretty good. But I still have not found a bike to replace my lust for the Street Triple, especially now that it comes in red :)

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, although the Concours seems to have more bells and whistles, although pre-owned FJR's can be had for much more reasonable dough.

Yeah, although the Concours seems to have more bells and whistles, although pre-owned FJR's can be had for much more reasonable dough.

Based on rider feedback the FJR seems to be widely regarded as more nimble and flickable. Yamaha always seem to lean a bit more sport/track than others in all their bikes.

And I only buy used. FJR will probably be my fourth machine no doubt about it.

RobberRog

Reaction score
Visit site
I've only ridden about a dozen different bikes, but I have only found the FZ6 to be comfortable to ride for days. I'm not sure how to test ride a bike to find out what other bike would have that feature. I don't want anything larger or smaller. The FZ6 is a perfect blend of fun and comfort, power and economy. The R6 or FZ8 are not real replacements in my opinion.

Thanks for confirming that with proper care I don't need to worry about replacing my 07. I love the bike and hate to get rid of it for no good reason.

Chupacabra

College Graduate??
Reaction score
Visit site

And Concours are like most Kawi's and shove your nads straight into the tank :p

FJR wins the "not shoving nads into tank" award against the Concours

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yamaha hit the nail right on the head with the FZ6, the FZ8 is not a better bike IMHO...should of been so much more! Ok it looks better in a sense.

I won't be getting rid of at least one of my FZ6's for a very long time..

Am selling my other FZ6 right now, but only out of financial necessity! :(

So, the FZ6 may be a classic one day, like the TRX850 I have in my shed, awaiting a complete re-build!

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
keep your bike and buy some upgrades or new gear. i'm actually glad to see someone having a love affair with the fz6. I respect you for it, as i dont have one with mine. :Flash: