Woohooo! Got My Bike!!!

moo cow

Reaction score
Visit site
i am happy as pig in slop! got me a 2005 fz6 blk/sil with 5k miles (showroom condition too!) yesterday. man, i tell ya, i don't think i could like it any more than i do. what a machine! i came from v twin cruisers and don't think i can find one similarity other than they both have two wheels. my cruisers never had tachs on them so i 'listened and felt' for the shift points. with the fz6, i'm shifting WAY to soon. that's gonna take some getting used to, and trusting that this engine is designed for those high rpms. i would have already blown my cruiser even getting near the rpms the fz6 likes.
i had read over and over on this forum that it comes alive at 7k rpm. you were right. and ALIVE it comes!
anyway, just needed to rejoice for a moment.
can't wait to ride tomorrow!

Congrats, and have fun figuring out the powerband of the FZ6...with a redline at 14k you've got a lot of room to play with!!!

Also...

:needpics:

Show us your new baby!

Black and Silver, eh? I hear that the Stig rides a blk/sil Fz6. Of course I also hear that you have to run your finger down his face to unlock him...

Congrats on the bike. Can't wait to see pics! (Though I'm afraid it will make my slow red one look even slower... damnit)

congrats, glad that you have the bike and are please with the decision to switch from the dark side.

Get some pics of your baby and go ride her!!!

i am happy as pig in slop! got me a 2005 fz6 blk/sil with 5k miles (showroom condition too!) yesterday. man, i tell ya, i don't think i could like it any more than i do. what a machine! i came from v twin cruisers and don't think i can find one similarity other than they both have two wheels. my cruisers never had tachs on them so i 'listened and felt' for the shift points. with the fz6, i'm shifting WAY to soon. that's gonna take some getting used to, and trusting that this engine is designed for those high rpms. i would have already blown my cruiser even getting near the rpms the fz6 likes.
i had read over and over on this forum that it comes alive at 7k rpm. you were right. and ALIVE it comes!
anyway, just needed to rejoice for a moment.
can't wait to ride tomorrow!
Good news, enjoy those summer miles and smiles.

nelly

Congrats on your new rid. Post some pictures and take it easy in the beginning until you figure her out.
Dani

Back