New bike - selling my TS seat (Someone from MA come pick it up for $350 :))

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
Hola people!

So after my dearly beloved FZ got totaled and after I got a nice check for $5600 (take into account I only bought her for $3200) I decided it's time to get a new bike. So after a few days of craigslisting I found this awesome 2003 VFR deal for $4300. I wanted to get something physically bigger due to my body dimensions and I also wanted something a little more sport-touring oriented so I decided to take the plunge.

The VFR has 31,400 miles (yeap just 500-600 miles away from its second $700 valve adjustment service) but she is in EXCELLENT condition. The guy I bought it from really likes working on his toys and he had installed a few mods. Sprockets and chain are brand new (the ones that are on now are not stock but I forgot what configuration they are ... gotta check), 2 bros exhaust (that sounds ridiculously awesome) and "cruise control". He got a 2 month old kid so he's taking a break from motorcycling for the time being and basically wanted the bike out so I offered him $4000 and he accepted. On top of that he also gave me 2 saddle bags (+home made metal brackets for them), a tank bag and a backpack, together with 2 sets of back/front sprockets (one of which is stock) and 3 sets of break pads.

After my 100mile pick-up ride with no registration, no insurance and my FZ6 licence plate (yeap, every time I passed a cop felt like a little adventure) I've gotta say the bike is AWESOME! Feels like an utterly different bike and I'll need to practice some low speed maneuvering on some parking lot to get used to the clutch and the weight of the thing. Other than that the bike is extremely smooth. The only thing that really caught my attention is that the FZ6 had some kind of a throttle "buffer space" ... in other words when you go over bumps you can move the throttle a tad and nothing happens. That "feature" is missing on the VFR and bigger bumps can make me be a little jerky but that's nothing that practice won't fix.

I just spoke with a storage company near by so I'm gonna rent a small 5x10 storage unit near home because I feel bad for such a clean bike to sit in my backyard getting covered in dirt from the rain. $100/month but oh well ...

As for pics - I still need to take some good quality shots but for now here are a few low-res shots from the craigslist ad :)

View attachment 22234

And these are the bags

View attachment 22235

Now let's get down to business! I'm selling my 2-3 weeks old TS seat. I got it from their bargain bin for $380 and since it's practically brand new I am willing to sell it for $350. It is in the perfect condition I got it in (crash didn't do any damage to the seat) and it also comes with the 6 rubber thingies that you need to get off your stock seat and install on the TS.

FYI: People (probably from MA) who are willing to come pick it up are at a HUGE advantage. I really don't feel like dealing with the post office, finding a box and shipping that thing. Also, $350 does not include shipping so if I end up shipping it somewhere I will throw $10-$20 more bucks towards the final price (depending on cost).

Here are a few pics.

View attachment 22236

View attachment 22237

View attachment 22238

View attachment 22239

View attachment 22240

Shoot me a PM if interested.

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
The VFR has 31,400 miles (yeap just 500-600 miles away from its second $700 valve adjustment service) but she is in EXCELLENT condition. The guy I bought it from really likes working on his toys and he had installed a few mods. Sprockets and chain are brand new (the ones that are on now are not stock but I forgot what configuration they are ... gotta check), 2 bros exhaust (that sounds ridiculously awesome) and "cruise control". He got a 2 month old kid so he's taking a break from motorcycling for the time being and basically wanted the bike out so I offered him $4000 and he accepted. On top of that he also gave me 2 saddle bags (+home made metal brackets for them), a tank bag and a backpack, together with 2 sets of back/front sprockets (one of which is stock) and 3 sets of break pads.

The VFR is a very nice bike. I think your bike has the VTEC feature. When I test rode one, the extra surge of power kicks on automatically around 6,800 rpm. It can be a strange feeling until you get used to it, especially on technical roads where you go above and below 6,800 constantly.

Being a Honda, it will outlast the rider.

Fred

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh! Reiobard should JUMP on this deal! :D

congrats on the new bike! :thumbup:

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I test drove an 04 a couple years ago. It had impressive acceleration.:D Looks great....hope you enjoy it!

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
2 thigs:

1. Seat is sold (thanks Joe, hope you and your wife enjoy :))

2. I love my VFR :D

And with this I put an official end to this thread :)