Which is the best Sport - Touring Tyre right now?

Which Tyre is the best Sports/Touring Tyre for an FZ6?

• Pirelli Angel ST

Votes: 34 10.4%
  • Pirelli Diaclo Rosso

Votes: 8 2.5%
  • Michelin Pilot Road 2CT

Votes: 106 32.5%
  • Bridgestone BT-023

Votes: 35 10.7%
  • Bridgestone BT-016

Votes: 14 4.3%
  • Bridgestone BT-021

Votes: 21 6.4%
  • Conti Road Attack 2

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Avon Storm 2 Ultra

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Metzeler Roadtec Interact Z8

Votes: 9 2.8%
  • Metzeler Roadtec Z6

Votes: 15 4.6%
  • Dunlop Sportsmax Roadsmart

Votes: 34 10.4%
  • Shinko Raven

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Michelin Pilot road 3

Votes: 45 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Did you send a PM to Azz , he has M5's & im sure he is stoked with them :thumbup:

Nah not yet. I just reckon the M5 or Z8 is the way to go. Just comes down to price and where you can get them from. I think I have great confidence in the bike, just not the tyres ATM.

Two Wheels tyres in QLD will ship tyres interstate if you cant find them in WA :thumbup:

Nice, is that your usual place for tyres? As you know the Z8's are not here. Need to ring up about the M5's. Anyone know what price I should expect? Oh and does anyone know when the Z8's come out over here ?

Thanks

Nice, is that your usual place for tyres? As you know the Z8's are not here. Need to ring up about the M5's. Anyone know what price I should expect? Oh and does anyone know when the Z8's come out over here ?

Thanks

He's my local dealer , been going there for years :thumbup: Im guessing it'll be roughly the same as another quote i got so around $500 delivered to your door , pretty good price delivery included i say :rockon:... No news on the Z8's in Oz yet...

He's my local dealer , been going there for years :thumbup: Im guessing it'll be roughly the same as another quote i got so around $500 delivered to your door , pretty good price delivery included i say :rockon:... No news on the Z8's in Oz yet...

I reckon the Z8 is a while away...the Metzeler Australia website, is still touting the "new" Z6 interact, as the greatest leap forward since the wheel itself! :D

Thanks
Russ,

Mike has always gone to Bike Tyre City - looked after him for many bikes...... Always good price and service. Give them a call :D

Hmm, was looking at my front tyre, and the road camber has done it again. Worn down to the indicator marks on the right, still looks new on the left :(

Now, where to get a new front Michy Pilot Road 2ct. Maxi-moto has closed, they used to do some great prices on tyres.

Are Peter Stevens ok for tyres???

:rockon:

Hmm, was looking at my front tyre, and the road camber has done it again. Worn down to the indicator marks on the right, still looks new on the left :(

Now, where to get a new front Michy Pilot Road 2ct. Maxi-moto has closed, they used to do some great prices on tyres.

Are Peter Stevens ok for tyres???

:rockon:

Go see Russell Hanby atg Marion Trade Centre.....in the front half...Mikey uses Russell, i use Russell, or Boltons Kawsasaki....both are pretty good....

Peter Stevens may be OK as well....Theyt have lots of tyrexon the shelf, Like Hanby's

:thumbup:

Russ,

Mike has always gone to Bike Tyre City - looked after him for many bikes...... Always good price and service. Give them a call :D

Thanks Kaz ! Will do that. Also go with what Wolf says, a guy named Russell is bound to be a top bloke ;P

Not sure if it's the best sport-touring tire, but I'm quite impressed with my current set of Battlax BT-021's.

I'll be curious to see how the FZ6 does with tires. I ran BT020, Distanzia SM, Pilot Road (not 2CT) and finally BT021 on the Ninja 650R. The BT021 were by far the best tire for life and grip in the twisties - I rode them thru British Columbia last year. The original Pilot Road (not in this poll) never impressed me, particularly when road and air temps were in the 35-50 F range.

The previous owner of my FZ6 just put a set of BT020s on it - why, I have no idea. As soon as I can justify getting rid of them, I'm likely to try the new BT023 based on my extremely positive experience with the BT021.

The quote from my local shop for a set of BT023 installed was 407 USD, which I thought was not bad - perhaps since I just spent five years in canuckistan. They'll be going on next.

Looks like the French company Michelin has the best sport-touring tire in the World by a factor of 4 over all competitors... interesting data (and good marketing by these French guys) :D

Looks like the French company Michelin has the best sport-touring tire in the World by a factor of 4 over all competitors... interesting data (and good marketing by these French guys) :D

I attribute tire choices to more of a popularity contest similar to voting for high school class president. About any of the candidates can can do what is required of them, some a little better than others, but mostly, you are going to vote for whoever your friends are voting for.

Yeah, I just like to poke at Wolfy every once in a while :D a pole on tires is like a pole on the best oil...

Very true!

Yamalube is best! LOL

Poke away boys, i have broad shoulders, and love a good joust as well....

Your right Mr Wavex, your French Compatriots have done a great marketing job, but the issue with Michy's in Australia is, they have done such a good job of marketing their tyres, you can hardly ever get the things straight off the shelf...hence why i have turned to Bridgestones for the sports hack...and am looking elsewhere for touring tyres...

Anyway, i knew starting a thread would stimulate discussion....and i like to stir as well, so a tyre thread it was...

As for an oil thread...i could'nt do it, they are just too painful...plus everyone knows that Yamalube is crapola, and that Motul is best!

:D:D:D

I am going to start a pole on what tire brands are best mixed together on a bike in which I mixed 2 different brands of oil and cut my air box cover in half. See how that thread goes :D

I don't know anything about quality, I buy solely based on gimmick factor. I got Pirelli Angel STs yesterday, because they have angel graphics that turn into demons as the tire wears. Who gives a crap about performance when you have a tire that looks cool as hell? :rockon::rockon::rockon:

I don't know anything about quality, I buy solely based on gimmick factor. I got Pirelli Angel STs yesterday, because they have angel graphics that turn into demons as the tire wears. Who gives a crap about performance when you have a tire that looks cool as hell? :rockon::rockon::rockon:

You better go get yourself a Ducati, some matching leathers, with nice white boots then...and start drinking Latte's....

Cause everyone knows Ducati riders are the best, cause the look so "cool"...like your groovy "Angel" tyres!

:rolleyes:;)

Back