Which is the best Sport - Touring Tyre right now?

Which Tyre is the best Sports/Touring Tyre for an FZ6?

• Pirelli Angel ST

Votes: 34 10.4%
  • Pirelli Diaclo Rosso

Votes: 8 2.5%
  • Michelin Pilot Road 2CT

Votes: 106 32.5%
  • Bridgestone BT-023

Votes: 35 10.7%
  • Bridgestone BT-016

Votes: 14 4.3%
  • Bridgestone BT-021

Votes: 21 6.4%
  • Conti Road Attack 2

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Avon Storm 2 Ultra

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Metzeler Roadtec Interact Z8

Votes: 9 2.8%
  • Metzeler Roadtec Z6

Votes: 15 4.6%
  • Dunlop Sportsmax Roadsmart

Votes: 34 10.4%
  • Shinko Raven

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Michelin Pilot road 3

Votes: 45 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you send a PM to Azz , he has M5's & im sure he is stoked with them :thumbup:

Nah not yet. I just reckon the M5 or Z8 is the way to go. Just comes down to price and where you can get them from. I think I have great confidence in the bike, just not the tyres ATM.

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
Two Wheels tyres in QLD will ship tyres interstate if you cant find them in WA :thumbup:

Nice, is that your usual place for tyres? As you know the Z8's are not here. Need to ring up about the M5's. Anyone know what price I should expect? Oh and does anyone know when the Z8's come out over here ?

Thanks

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice, is that your usual place for tyres? As you know the Z8's are not here. Need to ring up about the M5's. Anyone know what price I should expect? Oh and does anyone know when the Z8's come out over here ?

Thanks

He's my local dealer , been going there for years :thumbup: Im guessing it'll be roughly the same as another quote i got so around $500 delivered to your door , pretty good price delivery included i say :rockon:... No news on the Z8's in Oz yet...

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
He's my local dealer , been going there for years :thumbup: Im guessing it'll be roughly the same as another quote i got so around $500 delivered to your door , pretty good price delivery included i say :rockon:... No news on the Z8's in Oz yet...

I reckon the Z8 is a while away...the Metzeler Australia website, is still touting the "new" Z6 interact, as the greatest leap forward since the wheel itself! :D

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Thanks
Russ,

Mike has always gone to Bike Tyre City - looked after him for many bikes...... Always good price and service. Give them a call :D

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm, was looking at my front tyre, and the road camber has done it again. Worn down to the indicator marks on the right, still looks new on the left :(

Now, where to get a new front Michy Pilot Road 2ct. Maxi-moto has closed, they used to do some great prices on tyres.

Are Peter Stevens ok for tyres???

:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm, was looking at my front tyre, and the road camber has done it again. Worn down to the indicator marks on the right, still looks new on the left :(

Now, where to get a new front Michy Pilot Road 2ct. Maxi-moto has closed, they used to do some great prices on tyres.

Are Peter Stevens ok for tyres???

:rockon:

Go see Russell Hanby atg Marion Trade Centre.....in the front half...Mikey uses Russell, i use Russell, or Boltons Kawsasaki....both are pretty good....

Peter Stevens may be OK as well....Theyt have lots of tyrexon the shelf, Like Hanby's

:thumbup:

rpereira

Reaction score
Visit site
Russ,

Mike has always gone to Bike Tyre City - looked after him for many bikes...... Always good price and service. Give them a call :D

Thanks Kaz ! Will do that. Also go with what Wolf says, a guy named Russell is bound to be a top bloke ;P

Grainbelt

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure if it's the best sport-touring tire, but I'm quite impressed with my current set of Battlax BT-021's.

I'll be curious to see how the FZ6 does with tires. I ran BT020, Distanzia SM, Pilot Road (not 2CT) and finally BT021 on the Ninja 650R. The BT021 were by far the best tire for life and grip in the twisties - I rode them thru British Columbia last year. The original Pilot Road (not in this poll) never impressed me, particularly when road and air temps were in the 35-50 F range.

The previous owner of my FZ6 just put a set of BT020s on it - why, I have no idea. As soon as I can justify getting rid of them, I'm likely to try the new BT023 based on my extremely positive experience with the BT021.

The quote from my local shop for a set of BT023 installed was 407 USD, which I thought was not bad - perhaps since I just spent five years in canuckistan. They'll be going on next.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like the French company Michelin has the best sport-touring tire in the World by a factor of 4 over all competitors... interesting data (and good marketing by these French guys) :D

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Looks like the French company Michelin has the best sport-touring tire in the World by a factor of 4 over all competitors... interesting data (and good marketing by these French guys) :D

I attribute tire choices to more of a popularity contest similar to voting for high school class president. About any of the candidates can can do what is required of them, some a little better than others, but mostly, you are going to vote for whoever your friends are voting for.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I just like to poke at Wolfy every once in a while :D a pole on tires is like a pole on the best oil...

Very true!

Yamalube is best! LOL

Poke away boys, i have broad shoulders, and love a good joust as well....

Your right Mr Wavex, your French Compatriots have done a great marketing job, but the issue with Michy's in Australia is, they have done such a good job of marketing their tyres, you can hardly ever get the things straight off the shelf...hence why i have turned to Bridgestones for the sports hack...and am looking elsewhere for touring tyres...

Anyway, i knew starting a thread would stimulate discussion....and i like to stir as well, so a tyre thread it was...

As for an oil thread...i could'nt do it, they are just too painful...plus everyone knows that Yamalube is crapola, and that Motul is best!

:D:D:D

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
I am going to start a pole on what tire brands are best mixed together on a bike in which I mixed 2 different brands of oil and cut my air box cover in half. See how that thread goes :D

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know anything about quality, I buy solely based on gimmick factor. I got Pirelli Angel STs yesterday, because they have angel graphics that turn into demons as the tire wears. Who gives a crap about performance when you have a tire that looks cool as hell? :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know anything about quality, I buy solely based on gimmick factor. I got Pirelli Angel STs yesterday, because they have angel graphics that turn into demons as the tire wears. Who gives a crap about performance when you have a tire that looks cool as hell? :rockon::rockon::rockon:

You better go get yourself a Ducati, some matching leathers, with nice white boots then...and start drinking Latte's....

Cause everyone knows Ducati riders are the best, cause the look so "cool"...like your groovy "Angel" tyres!

:rolleyes:;)