Where do you keep your gun???

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
my first response when i read that was "how can they do that?" i started digging. here is the wiki page on the laws by state. i looked under NY and it's not all out illegal. i still don't understand how they can make those laws under the constitution, but they aren't all out illegal.

Gun laws in the United States (by state) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_the_United_States_(by_state)

My bad, I meant NY City, not NY State. Looks like lots of permits just to get one though! But that's the idea, if they can't outright ban them, they whittle away until it's too hard/expensive to get them. Just like CA when it recently tried to ban mail order handgun ammo. Luckily, that one got overturned.

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I keep my guns in my multiple gun safes.. I'm a Federally Licensed Firearms Collector and a Utah CCW holder, but I live on the state line between the only two states that don't have a form of Concealed Carry, being IL and WI... But I travel for a living, and if I'm driving to or through states that recognize my Utah Permit (over half do, including most of my neighboring states) I carry my Taurus 9mm Slim..

At home, I shoot several rifle matches that are sponsored by the CMP (Civilian Marksmanship Program) and NRA, which has me at matches at least 2-3 Sundays a month. Problem is, I have two past times, being shooting matches and riding motorcycle.. So I typically strap my M1 Garand, Carbine, Target or Sporter .22, or AR15 across the back of the bike and load up my saddle bags with ammo, spotting scope, hearing protection, and shooting mat.. :)

The best part is that I'm usually not the only one who rides to matches. :)

More than once I've had police officers pull up next to me at stop signs, look at the bike, shake their head and give me the thumbs up.. The weapons are in their case, and I'm transporting legally.. I guess they figure that's the last thing a crook would be doing..

Last edited:

gpostarmy

Reaction score
Visit site
My grandfather was born in 1911. My great grand parents would send him to school with a shotgun, which the teacher held onto during the day. This was so he could hunt on his way home from school for stuff like rabbit (dinner). My grandfather only graduated from the 9th grade, so he was at least less than 15 years old when he did that. As all thing time has a way of changing them. The point of this story is to illustrate how even USA gun laws have changed.

But like my Grandfather said, "If the government wants to take my guns, they can take the ammo first."

enjoy your day:)

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Problem is, I have two past times, being shooting matches and riding motorcycle.. So I typically strap my M1 Garand, Carbine, Target or Sporter .22, or AR15 across the back of the bike and load up my saddle bags with ammo, spotting scope, hearing protection, and shooting mat.. :)

The best part is that I'm usually not the only one who rides to matches. :)

:needpics:

that's one armed to the teeth FZ6 ;-) good stuff.

I'd pay to see the faces of cops in CT if i load up my remi 700, stag-15 and 10/22, albeit in cases, onto the fz. I'm just not willing to pay for it with trouble :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My grandfather was born in 1911. My great grand parents would send him to school with a shotgun, which the teacher held onto during the day. This was so he could hunt on his way home from school for stuff like rabbit (dinner). My grandfather only graduated from the 9th grade, so he was at least less than 15 years old when he did that. As all thing time has a way of changing them. The point of this story is to illustrate how even USA gun laws have changed.

But like my Grandfather said, "If the government wants to take my guns, they can take the ammo first."

enjoy your day:)

Sounds like my moms side of the family LMAO! My mom and other sibs were being baby sat for a week by their Gramps and when they said they were hungry at dinner time Gramps just got out his gun, with kids in tow, Got them some rabbits and cooked em up.
They didn't have TV dinners.....They didn't have TV!

I just found a picture of some of our family...
That's my mom on the very left with my Gramps and brothers and sisters. They have two guns in the picture and are probably going to get something to add to the stew...

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My grandfather was born in 1911. My great grand parents would send him to school with a shotgun, which the teacher held onto during the day.

I graduated HS in 1983 and I ALWAYS had at least one razor sharp knife in my pocket. Teachers were fully aware I had it and I was often "hunted" down so a teacher could borrow it.. They all knew it was sharp enough to shave with, and if a sharp knife was needed, they'd come get it from me...
Before deer season I'd sharpen teachers' hunting knives during study hall. They'd pay me in sodas, or sometimes slip me a dollar.. They were happy, had sharp knives for deer season, and I was much happier sharpening a knife than studying. :thumbup:

And for Smersh, I don't have any pics of my bike with a rifle strapped, but I have a few others that I've taken over the years..

Here's 4 M1 Garands that followed me home a month ago from the CMP. 2 are Korean war vintage SA's, one's a WWII SA, and the other is a WWII Winchester.
foresome.jpg

Last AR15 I built, before and after. :D
S4200056.jpg

S4200005-5.jpg

My M1 Carbine (Winchester) that I use for matches. I actually have one of all of the WWII USGI manufactures, but this one shoots the best. I reconditioned it to this condition.
side.jpg

CMP Garand/Carbine/VWR match
S4200091.jpg

My latest sporter target .22 rifle and what it's capable of.. That's 5 shots at 50' off bags, shot last Friday
left.jpg

target3.jpg

That's enough for now.. And it's barely just a scratch on the surface..:D

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's some fine grouping right there! :thumbup:

TS

Thanks!! It's a CZ 453 Varmint with a Nikon 3x9x40. I use a Weatherby/Anschutz Mark 12 for my CMP .22 Rimfire Sporter Matches and was hoping to use the CZ, but it's 2.7 oz. heavier than allowed by rules. They can't be heavier than 7.5 pounds with optics and all the scopes I've weighed are all about the same weight..

So now I'm using the CZ for Sporter Silouette matches, and the nice thing about that rifle is the adjustable set trigger.. **** the bolt and push the trigger forward, and it takes only 6 oz. of finger pressure to fire the weapon.:thumbup:

Couple more photos..

My gaggle of GLOCKs
glocks.jpg

My Ruger #1 in 30-06
SDC10923.jpg

My AR Varmint rifle
vmt20front.jpg

My recently sold GoldWing, and me on the way to trapshooting.
IMGP1096.jpg

And last, but not least.. One of my Swedish Mausers, being guarded by my fuzzy mouser.. ;)
IMGP0856.jpg