What's wrong with my pc III?

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
i seem to be having a problem with my power commander III. here's what i did;

i connected the pc3 to my laptop. when i plugged in, the software did not detect the pc3 (is it solved by plugging in the external battery?)
i fired up my bike and a few seconds later the software detected. i selected a map and send it to the pc3. at the bottom of the screen i can see the map description etc. i disconnected it away from my laptop. when i plugged in again, the description was not there! seems like the map is not in the pc3.

what is wrong? what do i need to do to solve this problem?

note: picture is for illustration purposes only.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
The PCIII needs a power source when connected to your laptop prior to beginning the programming and downloading a new MAP....either switch on the ignition or connect the 9v battery to it.
I would start the programming sequence all over again from scratch, following the instructions to the letter. It will overwrite anything that's there.

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks OneTrack

anyway i got the map into the pc3 already. what i did was to reinstall the pc3 software at my pcIII.

now comes another problem. i noticed after installing pcIII into my fz6, when i throttle my bike until about 6k rpm and close the throttle, the rpm will drop so low it will cease.

any idea what's wrong?

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks OneTrack

anyway i got the map into the pc3 already. what i did was to reinstall the pc3 software at my pcIII.

now comes another problem. i noticed after installing pcIII into my fz6, when i throttle my bike until about 6k rpm and close the throttle, the rpm will drop so low it will cease.

any idea what's wrong?

Yes. :)
You have to adjust your idle higher....the idle adjustment screw is on the left side of the bike. Look for a large plastic screw "head" facing you just under the tank on the left upper side behind the cylinders/heads It's a bit awkward to reach, but if you use a long phillips screwdriver, you will be able to adjust it. Better to have the idle rpm's a bit too high than too low. Mine is set around 1300 rpm. Clockwise (Right) increases rpm, Counter Clockwise (Left) decreases it.
I found that after installing an K&N filter (after installing a PCIII), the engine seemed to idle much smoother and "easier".
Hope this helps!

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
my idling is about 1200 rpm as displayed on pcIII software. though increasing the idling would solve that problem, what i am concerned is that there might be a fault with the pcIII. i tried stock map, zero map, still the same problem. and all these problem came only after i installed pcIII.

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
my fuel consumption have increased tremedously (used to be 310km before reserve, now 240km before reserve).

how can i do rectify this? i did play around with the 3 hardware buttons on the pc3. now that the bike doesnt die after i close the throttle.