Hot Starting Issues with Power Commander

JakeKo

Reaction score
Visit site
Posting that its nomal for a stock bike to not start at when its water temp is at 217F is flat wrong.

There's an intake temp sensor which tells the ECU of the outside conditions (heat) and the ECU will adjust for it. The fan will kick on if the temps get too high as well to keep things in check..

Where's "TCwalker", he could verify..

Then it seems I have a problem.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It's possible someone got into the factory pre-set CO #'s and changed them.

They affect the idle fuel circuit and can be adjusted richer or leaner.

If all your sensors check out, you might look at this.

You do have to do some "hotwiring" for the US model to get to the CO settings and adjust them. The middle cylinders are usually slightly richer than the outer cylinders, 0 being dead center.

I've never had a non start (as its hot) issue. No throttle just touch the starter button. Today will be 95F.

Last edited:

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
It's possible someone got into the factory pre-set CO #'s and changed them.

They affect the idle fuel circuit and can be adjusted richer or leaner.

If all your sensors check out, you might look at this.

You do have to do some "hotwiring" for the US model to get to the CO settings and adjust them. The middle cylinders are usually slightly richer than the outer cylinders, 0 being dead center.

I've never had a non start (as its hot) issue. No throttle just touch the starter button. Today will be 95F.
Without the power commander, my bike is exactly the same. No hot starting issues ever. I never had issues this summer and I put about 1600 miles on. This was usually ripping around town with my buddies and stopping and starting the engine relatively often.

I only ever started having issues after I installed the power commander.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Good ole El Cheep"O" tuning CO settings, hey wait I did that. Pop your seat, pop your tank and see if you notice and wires attached to the frame or the neg side on the battery that look out of place, that should give you a idea if someone messed with the CO settings.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good ole El Cheep"O" tuning CO settings, hey wait I did that. Pop your seat, pop your tank and see if you notice and wires attached to the frame or the neg side on the battery that look out of place, that should give you a idea if someone messed with the CO settings.

I just pulled the little rubber plug opposite the wire I needed to ground and stuck a probe in there and ran that to ground. Made the adjustment and put the plug back.

Bike is happy at CO = 35/35. Pipes have a nice chocolate brown color (Not black). Timing is advanced and w/Premium fuel she pulls nicely. No hot start issues either. In fact she starts instantly every time!
--> thread on topic (check or modify CO --> http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-to-s-/30125-enable-co-adjustment-usa-only-lean-richen.html

Bruno-XJ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I have literraly and exactly the same problem with my bike and with 2 different fuel controllers! It started when i installed Wiseco fuel controller... Then i sold it, rode for sometime without any problem, and now i have PCV and going throught this problem again! Only when it is hot, and it is not always, sometimes it hot starts fine, and sometimes it doesn't and i have to let it cool for a couple of minutes! I have looked everywhere! Connectors, ground wires, maps and etc.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Where is your power tap from?

Running a Bazzaz Z-FI and logger off a 10A piggy back fuse at the brake light.
Never a hot start issue before or after FI install.

Resistance goes up with heat, take your time double check all connections...

Also to quickly revert to the oem ecu, unplug and reconnect only the injector plug to the ecu leave. The bike should run. Bazzaz and PC do at least. Its One change.