What was your 1st job?

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
rumblestrip posted a picture in the "daily laugh" thread that reminded me of what my first paying job was......I was the Easter Bunny.
Yes, I dressed up in the fur suit and had my picture taken with frightened little kids. It really was alot of fun :)

I'd love to know, what was your first job and did ya like it??

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Tree Nursery next door hired me at age 13 ('70's South Dakota, we don't need no steenking child labor laws!) :Flip:
I hoe'd weeds along the rows and rows of saplings (20 acres, iirc) during the summer, then came back after supper and watered a quarter-acre of roses in pots, full time. My legs still look like "Freddy", but I had good spending money for a 13-year-old!

95.jpg

Worked there for two more summers, then moved on to trim carpentry...

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
electrician's apprentice.

It was pretty okay.

The employer didn't know that I only came for the summer and I was going back to uni. I had to lie to get hired.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was a paper boy , with my trolley full of papers , a leather coin pouch around my waist & a whistle in my mouth :thumbup: :rockon: :rockon:

Bet you haven't seen one of them for many many many a year :(

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Working in an amusement park, serving hotdogs & fries to sometimes-angry customers. :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Working as Janitor/Packer/Receiver at hosiery mill at 14...Not cool, but learned a lot, and had some fun money when other friends did not.

BamBam

Reaction score
Visit site
I worked for a Subway and Domino's pizza in Wassenaar, The Netherlands. I delivered Pizza in a scooter with a pizza box attached :rockon:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, first part time job (while still at school) - packing groceries at the checkout, Foodtown Highland Park.

First full time job - office junior - Repco Engineering.

Come a long way since then. I'm sure the pay is still the same though :eek: LOL

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
my first job was a r/c car hobby store working on little nitro diesel engines and the cars they sent screaming into curbs lol....

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
and thats why you ride a yamaha isnt it:D

:spank: couldn't resist that one

oh yeah and my first job was roofing. mostly tile, slate, rubber, and copper roofs

Ohh yeah i did that too. in fact that was my first job!

I lasted 3 days, on the 4th day I went for the interview for the electrician's helper.

Same pay, better hours and i didn't have to clean my the soot black mucus from my nose after a day's job on the roofing.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I did all kinds of manual labor for my family (logging - seriously I was falling trees with a 24" chainsaw at age 12, lawn maintenance, etc.)

But my first W-2 job was as a concession worker at an AMC Theater. I still look back on all the jobs I've ever had (including being a doctor now) and that is my favorite job of all time. It was great because people are generally in a good mood because they are out to go to a movie and I got to eat all the nachos that I wanted along with as many free movies as I could watch.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
1st part time (Summer) job: electronics salesman at a Soviet Latvian department store. I was 13.. worked for 6 weeks and earned mighty 75 rubles! :rof:

1st full time job: personal trainer at Bally's Jack LaLanne (which later became Bally Total Fitness)

shamrocker

Reaction score
joshisingreenville.blogspot.com
For my first part time job, I worked as a non-commission electronics and camera salesman in a regional department store (K's Merchandise). Stayed there for 7 years, eventually as a PT 2nd job. It was a great place to work. I'm still working at my first full time job. :)

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
My first job was working at a pig farrowing unit. Breeding pigs was my job. I literally help make the bacon/ham/chops some of you ate :eek::D

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
First job ever was at Jack-in-the-Box. I ran the cash register and the fryer. Lots of odd jobs followed, including electrician's apprentice, which was fun.

First real full time job was the US Navy. Good times... and not so good times. Saved some people, chased pirates, sailed in circles a lot, fixed radars, drank WAYYY too much...