What do you guys think of....

I know it is not new, but this was my dream bike back in the day, I'd probably still snag a good one if I had the coin. 1985 VFR1000R :thumbup:

Awesome bike, Ive been getting to like early, mid eightys bikes more and more. Owned a 85 honda v30, my dad has the 84 v65. They are remaking the vfr1000, with the v5 engine modeled after the moto gp one.

the ZRX1200R I am planning to get one as a second bike, I love the retro muscular look of the bike.
k_zrx1200r_e_1024.jpg
I think it looks cool. Like others say i've only heard good things about the bike :thumbup:

Thanks everyone for your feedback, now comes the daunting task of finding one in good condition, since Kawasaki does not make them anymore, and the last year was the 05. I will keep you guys updated with my new mission. :Sport::thumbup:

Any updates with the ZRX? Still looking? Check the ZRXOA.org. I think it would be worth signing up. You can find anything you would need to know about them. They also have a for sale section that stays pretty active. Members who find 'em, post'em in case anyone is looking. :thumbup:

Here's mine:

My neighbor has one, he rides it everyday and loves it. He even bought a Kz750 to restore. The thing is spotless. I think it is a great looking bike and to me is what a motorcycle is supposed to look like.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I just found one after all this time of looking, man they are scarce in my area, it's a 2001, very nice condition the only problem I see with it is the mileage, it has 65000 miles :eek:, do you guys think there might be a problem with it? I don't know how much this engine can go without an overhaul. I am not going to put many miles on it, should I worry? As you can see in this craigslist ad he has done a few things to it. I would appreciate any feedback you guys can provide.

2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1200 Eddie Lawson Edition

i dunno about a 2nd bike. besides the fact i live in a condo and dont really have room for the first one. however teh first one is all paid for.. so.. i think i would get (if logistiacly it could work out)
Aprilia10_N9CG4D2.jpg

What would that ZXR1200 give you that FZ6 doesn't? Much bigger engine of course (but to me, FZ6 has all the power I could realistically use), but the riding stance looks pretty similar. If I were getting a second bike, I'd get something that was way different from the FZ6 like a cruiser or a big sport-tourer.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I just found one after all this time of looking, man they are scarce in my area, it's a 2001, very nice condition the only problem I see with it is the mileage, it has 65000 miles :eek:, do you guys think there might be a problem with it? I don't know how much this engine can go without an overhaul. I am not going to put many miles on it, should I worry? As you can see in this craigslist ad he has done a few things to it. I would appreciate any feedback you guys can provide.

2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1200 Eddie Lawson Edition

anyone? please help!!!:confused:

65K is a bunch of miles, rarely above 4k rpm? mmm yeah right. Perhaps, got to wonder about the suspension, fork oil changes? Rear shock rebuilt? Price seems ok-make offer? Do you have a local bike shop you can trust to look it over for 1 hr labor? May be the best way to have it checked out.
They are a cool bike, a friend had one and commented on poor cornering abilities but if you are more just into riding vs hauling a$$ in the twisties I think it may be a fun bike.
Always liked the retro look of this bike.
Good luck.

Bike is known for excellent torquie motor - you should feel a huge difference compared to the FZ6. But, as others mentioned, they are on the heavy side and not the best cornering bikes. 65k miles is too much. Look for a newer model with less miles. I bet price would be similar. They were not expensive new if I recall correctly.

Bike is known for excellent torquie motor - you should feel a huge difference compared to the FZ6. But, as others mentioned, they are on the heavy side and not the best cornering bikes. 65k miles is too much. Look for a newer model with less miles. I bet price would be similar. They were not expensive new if I recall correctly.

The problem as I mentioned earlier is that they are so scarce down here, even on eBay in other states. I've been looking for a green one since July!!! This is the third one I have found since then, the other 2 were 05's but they guys wanted way too much for them. I know 65k is a lot, but as Red Wazp suggested, I might take it to a mechanic for inspection. I won’t be riding it that much, mostly for weekend riding. I don't even think I will put 2000 miles in a year.

Than in that case you may be OK with it. I would check it with a mechanic. Sometimes it is worth looking for a while, especially if you already own a bike and don't need one urgently. Personal decision obviously. lucky you can ride year long...I can't. 8-(

Finally, after a looooong time I found one that I am in love with. Man these beauties are so scarce. I am still trying to work out a deal with the seller, hopefully he will let it go for $4500, it's a 2003 with only 8250 miles. He is asking $5000. Wish me luck guys:thumbup:

Looks beautiful! $5k is a little on the expensive side, $4500 is better. They were not very expensive bikes when new if I recall correctly. This one is a beauty. Good luck!

Looks beautiful! $5k is a little on the expensive side, $4500 is better. They were not very expensive bikes when new if I recall correctly. This one is a beauty. Good luck!

Thanks!, it looks gorgeous in pictures, I have not seen it in person yet, probably tomorrow, can't wait. I think I got lucky with this one, and the guy lives a couple of miles from me! and as for the price, yea, $4500 is a bit high, but believe me, no one will let these babies go cheap, I have been looking for about 9 months now. The original MSRP was $7899. The NADA GUIDE price on this year in this condition is $4065. Besides, I feel better that he is the original owner and he has all the records, original manual, tool kit, and he will even throw in a shop manual. :rockon:

Back