What do you guys think of....

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
I know it is not new, but this was my dream bike back in the day, I'd probably still snag a good one if I had the coin. 1985 VFR1000R :thumbup:

Awesome bike, Ive been getting to like early, mid eightys bikes more and more. Owned a 85 honda v30, my dad has the 84 v65. They are remaking the vfr1000, with the v5 engine modeled after the moto gp one.

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
the ZRX1200R I am planning to get one as a second bike, I love the retro muscular look of the bike.
k_zrx1200r_e_1024.jpg
I think it looks cool. Like others say i've only heard good things about the bike :thumbup:

ZRXINLA

formerly red06fz6
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your feedback, now comes the daunting task of finding one in good condition, since Kawasaki does not make them anymore, and the last year was the 05. I will keep you guys updated with my new mission. :Sport::thumbup:

Scotty1122

Cincy ZRX Hooligan
Reaction score
Visit site
Any updates with the ZRX? Still looking? Check the ZRXOA.org. I think it would be worth signing up. You can find anything you would need to know about them. They also have a for sale section that stays pretty active. Members who find 'em, post'em in case anyone is looking. :thumbup:

Here's mine:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My neighbor has one, he rides it everyday and loves it. He even bought a Kz750 to restore. The thing is spotless. I think it is a great looking bike and to me is what a motorcycle is supposed to look like.

ZRXINLA

formerly red06fz6
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I just found one after all this time of looking, man they are scarce in my area, it's a 2001, very nice condition the only problem I see with it is the mileage, it has 65000 miles :eek:, do you guys think there might be a problem with it? I don't know how much this engine can go without an overhaul. I am not going to put many miles on it, should I worry? As you can see in this craigslist ad he has done a few things to it. I would appreciate any feedback you guys can provide.

2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1200 Eddie Lawson Edition

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i dunno about a 2nd bike. besides the fact i live in a condo and dont really have room for the first one. however teh first one is all paid for.. so.. i think i would get (if logistiacly it could work out)
Aprilia10_N9CG4D2.jpg

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
What would that ZXR1200 give you that FZ6 doesn't? Much bigger engine of course (but to me, FZ6 has all the power I could realistically use), but the riding stance looks pretty similar. If I were getting a second bike, I'd get something that was way different from the FZ6 like a cruiser or a big sport-tourer.

ZRXINLA

formerly red06fz6
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your feedback. I just found one after all this time of looking, man they are scarce in my area, it's a 2001, very nice condition the only problem I see with it is the mileage, it has 65000 miles :eek:, do you guys think there might be a problem with it? I don't know how much this engine can go without an overhaul. I am not going to put many miles on it, should I worry? As you can see in this craigslist ad he has done a few things to it. I would appreciate any feedback you guys can provide.

2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1200 Eddie Lawson Edition

anyone? please help!!!:confused:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
65K is a bunch of miles, rarely above 4k rpm? mmm yeah right. Perhaps, got to wonder about the suspension, fork oil changes? Rear shock rebuilt? Price seems ok-make offer? Do you have a local bike shop you can trust to look it over for 1 hr labor? May be the best way to have it checked out.
They are a cool bike, a friend had one and commented on poor cornering abilities but if you are more just into riding vs hauling a$$ in the twisties I think it may be a fun bike.
Always liked the retro look of this bike.
Good luck.

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Bike is known for excellent torquie motor - you should feel a huge difference compared to the FZ6. But, as others mentioned, they are on the heavy side and not the best cornering bikes. 65k miles is too much. Look for a newer model with less miles. I bet price would be similar. They were not expensive new if I recall correctly.

ZRXINLA

formerly red06fz6
Reaction score
Visit site
Bike is known for excellent torquie motor - you should feel a huge difference compared to the FZ6. But, as others mentioned, they are on the heavy side and not the best cornering bikes. 65k miles is too much. Look for a newer model with less miles. I bet price would be similar. They were not expensive new if I recall correctly.

The problem as I mentioned earlier is that they are so scarce down here, even on eBay in other states. I've been looking for a green one since July!!! This is the third one I have found since then, the other 2 were 05's but they guys wanted way too much for them. I know 65k is a lot, but as Red Wazp suggested, I might take it to a mechanic for inspection. I won’t be riding it that much, mostly for weekend riding. I don't even think I will put 2000 miles in a year.

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Than in that case you may be OK with it. I would check it with a mechanic. Sometimes it is worth looking for a while, especially if you already own a bike and don't need one urgently. Personal decision obviously. lucky you can ride year long...I can't. 8-(

ZRXINLA

formerly red06fz6
Reaction score
Visit site
Finally, after a looooong time I found one that I am in love with. Man these beauties are so scarce. I am still trying to work out a deal with the seller, hopefully he will let it go for $4500, it's a 2003 with only 8250 miles. He is asking $5000. Wish me luck guys:thumbup:

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks beautiful! $5k is a little on the expensive side, $4500 is better. They were not very expensive bikes when new if I recall correctly. This one is a beauty. Good luck!

ZRXINLA

formerly red06fz6
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks beautiful! $5k is a little on the expensive side, $4500 is better. They were not very expensive bikes when new if I recall correctly. This one is a beauty. Good luck!

Thanks!, it looks gorgeous in pictures, I have not seen it in person yet, probably tomorrow, can't wait. I think I got lucky with this one, and the guy lives a couple of miles from me! and as for the price, yea, $4500 is a bit high, but believe me, no one will let these babies go cheap, I have been looking for about 9 months now. The original MSRP was $7899. The NADA GUIDE price on this year in this condition is $4065. Besides, I feel better that he is the original owner and he has all the records, original manual, tool kit, and he will even throw in a shop manual. :rockon: