• Something different again

Votes: 10 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, as some of you know, i have recently purchased a Hot Pink FZ6 Cup bike! On close inspection, the paint is not in the best condition, as it looks like a cheap job, and has been through 2 years of racing, and being carted around in the back of a truck!

Also, the realisation that as a newbie racer on a pink bike, i might find it hard to get any "respect" with such a bold statement.

Anyway, i am thinking of going in a couple of different directions with the paint scheme, and i just want to see what others think, as to which direction i should go???

Here is a picture of my FZ6 Cup bike as it is, followed by a three examples of which way i am thinking of going...

View attachment 13921

There are 3 options...

Yamaha Yellow...50th Anniversary colours
View attachment 13922

Yamaha Blue
View attachment 13923

or Yamaha White, with red.
View attachment 13924

Am hoping to get a graphic designer mate to do 3 different Photochop versions of all 3 paint schemes adapted to suit the fz6...hopefully, unless someone on here wants to have a go???

:rockon:

Gosling1

Take it easy Charlie. I've got an angle.
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd leave it pink, but that is just me. My gf and now a good friend's wife have breast cancer so my track bike it flat black and metallic pink. I'd leave some hints of pink and slap a Save the Ta Tas sticker on there somewhere.

jmho

If not, then the Yamaha 50th anniversary colors

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you are going to paint her it HAS to be yellow, that is after all, the original Yamaha racing color.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you are going to paint her it HAS to be yellow, that is after all, the original Yamaha racing color.

That's what MP reckons too...and she carries quite a bit of weight in the decision making process!!! i must admit, it looks awesome.

:thumbup:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
what about incorporating the wolfman theme somehow,and why could'nt we have a donation drive on here to help with the funding of the completion of "Pinky"?then fz6 forum could be a sponsor and part of wolfman racing team!:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
what about incorporating the wolfman theme somehow,and why could'nt we have a donation drive on here to help with the funding of the completion of "Pinky"?then fz6 forum could be a sponsor and part of wolfman racing team!:D

LOL! Now that would be awesome...bring it on! I have spent way way way too much coin on my obsession as it is!

By the way, you wanna be my "manager"!

:rockon:

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm partial to red and white but there's always the history factor. I think you could draw some inspiration from the rz350 graphics back in the day. Here's a red/white and yellow/black example.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I vote yellow. But you must continue to call the bike pinky!!!:rockon:

yellow does it for me, but I also like the white...then I am also drawn to the blue...as I got leathers today that are blue, black and white, at a super duper price!!!!so am quite torn!

I think this bike will always be referred to as pinky in some way... Is quite famous in a way...due to amy riding it, as well as the former editor of australia biggest bike mag!

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
Will the yellow look good with the new leathers? If yes, yellow all the way. If not go something that won't look bad with the leathers.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Will the yellow look good with the new leathers? If yes, yellow all the way. If not go something that won't look bad with the leathers.

that's the $64 question! How will blue black and a predominantly white front and back look with yellow?