We took a little ride today!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It's a good thing we rode Wednesday...because this weekend is going to be wet! 60-65 MPH wind gusts in the mountains! :eek:

Heavy rain and strong winds to hit San Diego - SignOnSanDiego.com

We'll just have to gear up with FrogToggs!:rolleyes:

Well as most times we need rain here because this is an arid climate area.
We SoCal riders are pretty spoiled by fair weather in that we can get rides in all year long. :BLAA: A little rain might toughen us up! :rockon::eek: :D

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We'll just have to gear up with FrogToggs!:rolleyes:

Well as most times we need rain here because this is an arid climate area.
We SoCal riders are pretty spoiled by fair weather in that we can get rides in all year long. :BLAA: A little rain might toughen us up! :rockon::eek: :D

Dude, anyone can ride in rain and wind..:Flip:

It takes real men to ride in 112º heat with leathers! :rockon: :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Dude, anyone can ride in rain and wind..:Flip:

It takes real men to ride in 112º heat with leathers! :rockon: :D

That's very true! :rockon: We do go out and ride some of Anza Borrego at unreal temps and with full on leathers. I've gotten very sick in the hot weather in my leathers but it was more because of my poor hydration management. I didn't stop when I had the symptoms because it was a new experience that I didn't recognize. I was talking to a rider, 29 years old, that told me he overheated and crashed. When his friends got him conscious again he realized he never knew what hit him. He had instantly blacked out at 50 mph.
Now when it's gonna be 80 plus I fill my CamelPack with ice and water. It keeps my back cool for a good 2-3 hours and I get to sip nice cold water where and when I need it. I take my water whenever I go out to play.

When we do that type riding we should pre-hydrate. Alcohol is not a good idea the night before nor is it a replacement for plain H2O. :D

Last edited:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, it's rainy today, but I got my new HEL Stealth brake lines installed. I'll post pics soon! :rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, it's rainy today, but I got my new HEL Stealth brake lines installed. I'll post pics soon! :rockon:

Haha! I'm rebuilding a Fender Telecaster for a friend today. Had to rewire it and put it all back together and now do all the other fine adjustments to make it twang just right! :BLAA: