It has been a good run...

mrtrees

Just a Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I'm sad to say that the bike has been sold to a loving new owner. I will miss her dearly but with the new engineering job, moving and a 100 mile/day commute through deer infested woods I deemed it time to move on. I now work at a "secretive" test facility for GE Aviation blowing up jet engines in the Appalachian foothills.

I got her used and bone stock back in 08 with about 1000 miles on the clock. After much time and the mod bug she became a proud member of the naked variety. I put around 16,000 miles on her while I was in school and used her to find the girl who didn't want to get off when we let it all out on the local airport runways after hours. :rockon:

I plan on remaining a member of the forum and checking in every now and then but I just wanted to say thank you to all of you on this forum who have helped me and have provided entertaining stories and insightful wisdom over the years. :popcorn:

This post is not all about sad news and tearful goodbyes however. As I am, at heart, a gear head and have the inherent need for speed. I have finally locked down my dream car for the last 5 years. Ladies and gentlemen, I'm pleased to present to you my "new" 2009 Pontiac G8 GT in Stryker Blue Metallic (1 of 1,111 GT's made in this color, also known as "Voodoo Blue" in the land down under)!

Next to my trusty 1999 Grand Prix SE 3.1L, we will hit 300,000 miles on the way home today! :cheer:

Now say what you want about Pontiac but this little gem was done right. RWD 6.0 Liter V8 LS2 L76 Engine, Sport and Premium package, leather interior, 19" wheels, sport suspension, sliding sun roof and the list goes on. Best part is she is bone stock and the mod bug is already biting again. After 8 months of searching I managed to find this garage queen with only 25,000 miles on the clock. Beautiful machine and a blast to drive. (Pictures don't do the paint job any justice)

And before any of our AUSSIE friends chime in here I'll like to throw a nod their way and say, "Thank you for the car!". ;)

Anyways, thank you again to everyone on this forum, they just don't come any better. Maybe (likely) someday I will get another FZ6 or an FZ1. And to our newer/younger members keep this party goin' and don't underestimate the advise and wisdom of these old timers!

And as always "Keep it shiny side up!"

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
NICE car!!! One of my dream cars would be that Pontiac, but a ute version, which never made it to the states.

Would love to be able to load moto in the bed and still have fun on the way to the track :thumbup:

mrtrees

Just a Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Holy crap I never even thought of that....

..I'm sure one of our members from down under would be willing to arrange shipment of one....

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Those W-body's will run forever if you replace intake gaskets every 100k or so, I plan to drive my 96 cutlass supreme 2dr to 400 just going to wear her out!

Nice G8 those LS engines are monsters!

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site

mrtrees

Just a Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Those W-body's will run forever if you replace intake gaskets every 100k or so, I plan to drive my 96 cutlass supreme 2dr to 400 just going to wear her out!

Nice G8 those LS engines are monsters!

I've done mine twice, pretty good at it now! Unfortunately a lot of my past miles were done in Iowa so I'm afraid she will succumb to rust long before the engine gives out. It a race between the rust and the original transmission which for a 99 GP means I've been on borrowed time for about 100k miles now lol.

And yes these LS engines are unbelievable, it certainly helps calm the shakes and withdraws of no longer running around on the fizzer. :D

Also couldn't agree more, the G8 was a few years too late. If they had been being sold here earlier as a Pontiac the outcome could have been very different for America's "Excitement" Division.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Happy to hear you'll be checking in once in awhile and who knows, one day you might get something else...I'm sure we'll all love to hear about that!
Good luck with your move, new job, and all that good stuff! :thumbup:

p.s. my mother worked at GE, did inspections on those jet engines there in Cincy.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
The recommendation was to kill both off and leave only Cadillac, Chevy and GMC trucks.

I don't see the point of silverados anymore, a Sierra is the same thing.

GMCs also get Denali packages which I don't see on it's counterparts for some reason.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the new car :thumbup: :thumbup: but being an Aussie & a Ford man I have to say....

Pfffft, it's just a stinkin' Commonbore Blah Blah Blah

Humpy, Kazza and I KNEW you'd say that!!!!
Lololol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now it would appear to work beautifully thx TT and Dennis

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
NICE car!!! One of my dream cars would be that Pontiac, but a ute version, which never made it to the states.

Would love to be able to load moto in the bed and still have fun on the way to the track :thumbup:

Hey Erci, I have the ute in voodoo blue :thumbup:

mrtrees

Just a Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Happy to hear you'll be checking in once in awhile and who knows, one day you might get something else...I'm sure we'll all love to hear about that!
Good luck with your move, new job, and all that good stuff! :thumbup:

p.s. my mother worked at GE, did inspections on those jet engines there in Cincy.

I will probably be able to keep the motorcycle itch away for a couple years but I'm 100% positive I will again fall prey to it, when the time is right.

Did your mother work at the Evendale or West Chester location in Cincy? I'm out at the Peebles location at the proving grounds but have been to Evendale many times. Never ceases to amaze me the size of that facility. Bigger than most towns! And very easy to get lost in all the underground labyrinths that were build back around WW2 era. Lots of jet engine history there...

mrtrees

Just a Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
BTW we had 2" hail come down at work Wednesday during a tornado warning. I saved my new toy but others weren't so fortunate...

You can see my baby in the background safe and sound. I pulled it into the engine prep building before the sky came down. This guys window was one of the better ones, most didn't have windows at all anymore.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will probably be able to keep the motorcycle itch away for a couple years but I'm 100% positive I will again fall prey to it, when the time is right.

Did your mother work at the Evendale or West Chester location in Cincy? I'm out at the Peebles location at the proving grounds but have been to Evendale many times. Never ceases to amaze me the size of that facility. Bigger than most towns! And very easy to get lost in all the underground labyrinths that were build back around WW2 era. Lots of jet engine history there...

Honestly I don't remember....she passed away in '06 and had been retired for a few years before that. :(
But she loved her job! Upset her to have to retire.
Cheers!