Installation question for Leo Vince owners

ozgurakman

Özgür Akman
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes I read about these settings. Can possibly add more fuel but a bit of trial and error involved. Seems like a dyno run is still your best bet to get a perfect settings.

On a similar note, I saw that Cobra is making a device called Fi2000 Powrpro which automatically adjust fuel for optimum use without dyno nor mapping. There is no settings whatsoever as it continuously measure performance and adjust fuel settings. Can any change to your air/fuel setup and it will adjust on the spot. Seems like the best option but it's north of $500 :eek:

what is the meaning of a bit of trial and error involved? Sorry but I couldn't understood. What kind of error will occur when more CO number addeed?

If I'm not wrong, CO settings are directly adjusting fuel injectors timing. more timing means more fuel.

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
what is the meaning of a bit of trial and error involved? Sorry but I couldn't understood. What kind of error will occur when more CO number addeed?

If I'm not wrong, CO settings are directly adjusting fuel injectors timing. more timing means more fuel.

I mean that you will need to try different co settings until you find one that works well and the only way to know if it works well is by running it on a dyno.

ozgurakman

Özgür Akman
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm reading my plugs for check the A/F ratio, dyno is really expensive in my country.

But you're right, making a tune with a dyno run + co sniffer will very be precisely.

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm reading my plugs for check the A/F ratio, dyno is really expensive in my country.

But you're right, making a tune with a dyno run + co sniffer will very be precisely.

How do you read your plugs for A/F ratio? I haven't seen that one before.

ozgurakman

Özgür Akman
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
I have not that rings at 1.27 it's not included my parcel. Have you got them Elusive?
you can watch the video, it looks like it's older model than our silencers because sticker is different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdnWQVvI5Dc

Thanks for the link but I think it is too much of a hassle to take out the spark plugs everytime.

As for the ring at the end of the exhaust - no I don't have that either. seems like the newer model doesn't need that if you remove the db killers. Just need to put on the nuts and bolts when you remove the db killers.

ozgurakman

Özgür Akman
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the link but I think it is too much of a hassle to take out the spark plugs everytime.

As for the ring at the end of the exhaust - no I don't have that either. seems like the newer model doesn't need that if you remove the db killers. Just need to put on the nuts and bolts when you remove the db killers.
Yes I read the booklet which included to exhaust box and it says I should use that little bolts when db killers out for insulating heat from end caps.

I was worried for missing parts, thank you :)

Did you installed the discs inside to pipes?

Last edited:

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine, too. I used exhaust seal paste and it's rock solid now.

I hope you are enjoying your new exhaust.

Is the exhaust sealant still working on the disc? Since I undid the exhaust and put it back in, the disc hasn't stop vibrating so i thought of trying the exhaust sealant like you did but it started vibrating again after a small ride. I may not have given it enough time to cure. I am going to try again and let it cure for the full 12 hours.

Btw, this is how the disc looked after 100km of letting it vibrate inside the pipe. Ouch! I guess the vibration is pretty intense when inside the pipe.

ozgurakman

Özgür Akman
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you mate, I hope you liked yours, too. The disc is not looking fine, it's cracked badly.I think a basic welding may be get it alive.

I was fine for a day, today it's rattling. I hate that "ssssssss" sound.

Also pipes are leaking from their joining points, which allows me to hear that rattling.

I don't want to use db killers because I love the sound with discs, and flame throwing is a huge bonus. We should find a solution for this annoying buzzing sound.

I almost forgot, did you found any perf. increasing? I can feel bike is much happier when revs up +10k and more. Also buzzing between 4-5k is disappered.

Last edited:

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
So your exhaust sealant didn't work either...
I think the exhaust sealant was a bad idea. When I took it off, there was a powdery remain of the exhaust sealant. Made a mess. I made sure I cleaned all the crap out.

In the end, I bent the disc on 4 sides so that it would take up more space and then put it in again. That stopped the rattling.

ozgurakman

Özgür Akman
Reaction score
Visit site
So your exhaust sealant didn't work either...
I think the exhaust sealant was a bad idea. When I took it off, there was a powdery remain of the exhaust sealant. Made a mess. I made sure I cleaned all the crap out.

In the end, I bent the disc on 4 sides so that it would take up more space and then put it in again. That stopped the rattling.

I detached the discs and installed the baffles today. but... bike seems so loud even with db killers.

I tried to install one of disc to between de-cat pipe and ex pipe. No luck, evet after 7k rpm it rattles so much badly.:spank: I bented the discs and tried, no luck again. :eyebrow:

Really tired but I'll not give up. detaching side cases, top case, racks and aligning after exh. fitment is really PITA. It's like a punishment.

I'm thinking to produce much thicker discs than leo's include. if rattle not goes, i'll weld them to end of Y pipe. :rockon:

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
I detached the discs and installed the baffles today. but... bike seems so loud even with db killers.

I tried to install one of disc to between de-cat pipe and ex pipe. No luck, evet after 7k rpm it rattles so much badly.:spank: I bented the discs and tried, no luck again. :eyebrow:

Really tired but I'll not give up. detaching side cases, top case, racks and aligning after exh. fitment is really PITA. It's like a punishment.

I'm thinking to produce much thicker discs than leo's include. if rattle not goes, i'll weld them to end of Y pipe. :rockon:

Trust me, I know how much of a PITA it is to disassemble and assemble the freaking exhaust. I did it so many times now that I can do it with my eyes closed.

So the bent disc did not work in the end. It started vibrating slightly again and it made the sound weird. So for now I took it off and it is loud :spank: and my engine idle is off.

Welding the disc to the Y pipe will definitely work :p so will a thicker disc. I'm thinking it needs a 3mm disc.

I will probably go with a thicker disc but later. I had enough of disassembling the exhaust for now...

Let me know how you fix yours.

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
The noise level without the disc is very noticeable. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a ticket for noise pollution in my city, even with db killers. And the engine doesn't seem to be happy in the low end.

Just to share on a couple of ideas to fix the disc issue. I found a steel washer that can potentially be a replacement to the original disc.

The original disc has a 50mm diameter, 1mm thickness and only 16% of its surface have holes (5x holes of 9mm diameter). It is very restrictive as you can see.

The washer has the same 50mm diameter, 3mm thickness and the middle hole is equivalent to 31% of its surface. Meaning it is less restrictive than the original.

If I am to use the washer, I will have to drill the original disc so that to allow close to 31% of air to pass through. I wonder if that is a good compromise... What do you think?

See the pics for comparison. The picture of the side shows the disc that I bent so that it would take more space.

DSC_0111.jpg
DSC_0112.jpg

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
Fixed it finally!

Got a stainless steel washer that is 51mm in diameter and 2mm think (imperial). I had to drill it so that both the right leo vince disc and the left washer allows for the same volume of air to pass through. I had to shave the perimeter slightly to make it a tight fit inside the exhaust so as not to allow any movement at all. It is now exactly the way I want it.

Couple of notes for others wanting to fix that freaking disc.
- Only the left side vibrates, the disc on the right side is solid.
- With some drilling, both discs allowed 28% air flow (from 17% originally). Sound improved without making it louder. If you want noise, take the discs off! If your location (e.g Europe) doesn't tolerate excessive noise, you have to use the disc.
- Choose a bigger washer and make it a tight fit otherwise it will vibrate. I tried an exact 50mm diameter / 3mm thickness washer as pictured in my previous post and it was still moving. It moves up and down and back and forth.
- Get stainless steel, common washers will rust.
- With the discs on - low end torque, power and idle are fine without any fuel adjustment. It does seem I got more power than before as it wants to wheelie on 3rd gear, which didn't happen before.
- No backfire or popping of any sort.

The LeoVince kit is great except for that disc but I understand most people don't use them since most places don't care about noise. That was a lot of trouble to reduce noise while keeping power and a proper sound.

DSC_0113.jpg

Uzii

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I had the leo vince pipes installed and I kept the cat eliminator and it sounds mean, did not have to re tune anything.

Bike sounds great and it seems that the bike revs up quicker as well.

IMG-20160113-WA0002.jpg

Just ordered a Leo Vince and should be receiving it in a few weeks.

For Leo Vince owners out there - did anyone of you installed the slip-ons without the cat eliminator. The cat eliminator comes with it but I do not intend on using it. Pollution, too much noise and need to dino are my reasons for keeping the cat.

If you did not use the cat eliminator pipe, how did you secure the Y pipe since the spring that secure the Y pipe cannot be used?

ozgurakman

Özgür Akman
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I had the leo vince pipes installed and I kept the cat eliminator and it sounds mean, did not have to re tune anything.

Bike sounds great and it seems that the bike revs up quicker as well.

View attachment 65944

Your exh is older version (sbk).
I think new version is not suitable to use original cat pipe because of pipe diameter difference.

I wish to be able to use the catalytic converter because of the exhaust gas smell is disgusting.

But big flames at tail is a good fun factor when night driving with friends :)