Installation question for Leo Vince owners

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
Just ordered a Leo Vince and should be receiving it in a few weeks.

For Leo Vince owners out there - did anyone of you installed the slip-ons without the cat eliminator. The cat eliminator comes with it but I do not intend on using it. Pollution, too much noise and need to dino are my reasons for keeping the cat.

If you did not use the cat eliminator pipe, how did you secure the Y pipe since the spring that secure the Y pipe cannot be used?

ozgurakman

Özgür Akman
Reaction score
Visit site
I've bought a leo vince set yesterday, I'll try the pipes both with cat / without cat.

You can use an exhaust clamp.

accuseal_650.jpg

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
I've bought a leo vince set yesterday, I'll try the pipes both with cat / without cat.

You can use an exhaust clamp.

Yes please let me know. I read that the pipes may not be the same size making the use of the cat eliminator compulsory. Gonna have to do some welding if that's the case.

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
Seems I got the exhaust first. From Italy to Canada in 1 week after placing the order. Impressive. Also very impressed by the quality of the Leo Vince.

As for my original question which I didn't get any answer: The OE cat pipe fits with the Leo's Y pipe. Just need to remove the graphite gasket from the OE pipe and use it. It will fit nicely. But... I still couldn't use the OE cat pipe. It seems the Leo's cat eliminator pipe is angled slightly differently - kind of hard to see in the picture but there is a difference. Enough to make mounting the exhaust impossible.

So I used the cat eliminator and finished the install. The sound is just wicked... :D

There were also two discs with holes, that were not mentioned in the instructions anywhere. I saw somewhere that in should be fitted in the slip-on as in the picture. Can anyone confirm?

With the db killer and the discs on, my idle is same as before. It didn't seem to have messed anything. Went for a quick ride and power seems to be all the same. The noise level also seem to be on the civilized side so hopefully the popo won't be bugging me.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
to the OP:
I have the Leo Vince system that I installed back in 2010.

From questions I asked before I bought them I remember being told that this is a system and you must use the cat eliminate pipe. This is simply because the cat pipe will not fit together with the new Leo Vince cans - so you need all the parts installed for this to work.

so my sales pitch - I have 5 years and lots of riding on my bike with the Leo's. I have been very happy with them the entire time. I never once looked at a bike with 2 Bros or Scorpions and thought they were better systems and I wanted them. Of course either of those choices would be great as well but the Leo's have made an awesome upgrade. zero regrets. I will buy another Leo Vince system at some point when I need one.

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
So far I don't regret my purchase. I have hesitated for more than a year on a pair of exhausts but's worth it. I look forward to enjoy it for the years to come :p

Ozgu, have fun with your new purchase :) . The alignment of the exhausts is tricky. Leave the pipes loose, set the alignment properly then tighten them slowly. Also if you are planning to use the disc like me, watch out when you put slip the exhaust in the pipe, the disc has a tendency to turn 90 degrees.

mylo

mylo
Reaction score
Visit site
Why would you throw them away? If its for keeping back pressure then its a good thing since there is no more cat and the exhaust are straight.

They reduce power and noise so if that's what you want keep them in , i was just offering some advice as I have experience with these exhausts including having to fabricate n weld a cat delete pipe to suit but you have them a week so you must know better than me :D

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
And stop you running excessively lean which burns your exhaust valves out.

I think it is the opposite, no? Removing the disc allows free flow which makes you run lean and hotter.

As for power, free flow gives more power higher up in the RPM assuming you have a power commander. Since I don't want to install a power commander and do dyno runs, it means that I will be running lean, not gain HP higher up, possibly loose torque, and make more noise which can be nice but may get me a ticket for noise disturbance. Police here have little tolerance for motorcyclist.

ozgurakman

Özgür Akman
Reaction score
Visit site
You wouldn't need to a p.commander on yamaha. just increase co settings for aiding the lean a/f raito:rockon:

BTW my parcel is sleeping for 3 days at customs... looks like I have to wait for 3-4 days more.

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
You wouldn't need to a p.commander on yamaha. just increase co settings for aiding the lean a/f raito:rockon:

BTW my parcel is sleeping for 3 days at customs... looks like I have to wait for 3-4 days more.

Yes I read about these settings. Can possibly add more fuel but a bit of trial and error involved. Seems like a dyno run is still your best bet to get a perfect settings.

On a similar note, I saw that Cobra is making a device called Fi2000 Powrpro which automatically adjust fuel for optimum use without dyno nor mapping. There is no settings whatsoever as it continuously measure performance and adjust fuel settings. Can any change to your air/fuel setup and it will adjust on the spot. Seems like the best option but it's north of $500 :eek: