Not open for further replies.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As many of you know I’m pretty interested in the electrical as well as other aspects of motorcycling. I try to give input on a regular basis with the many contributing members of our forum. This is a great forum and I’ve learned so much from all of you that contribute riding and technical experience as well as the great social platforms that have created lasting friendships from all over the world!

This past year has been less in the area of employment for me but I do not quit looking for opportunity and hope that I have found an area for some income as well as contributing to this forum and the motorcycle community with a product, I believe will be beneficial in many ways.

This relay assembly will work with any H7/H4 configuration that doesn’t use the low beam function in the dual headlamp FZ6 or any make motorcycle of the same configuration headlamps. This will also provide the proper switching for converting to the naked version single headlamp from the dual headlamp because the dual headlamp faired FZ6 doesn’t provide low beam switching.
I’m including for review, a description and instruction set (PDF format) for those that might be interested in this modification.
I’ve tried to be complete in the instructions and if you print out the sheets so that you can
cross reference the instruction to pictorials it should be easy to understand.

Special thanks to all on the forum that contribute and continue to contribute mods to make these bikes even more special.

Also a big thank you to smokenu (Dave) for letting me do this mod on his bike. We had a fun time doing this over a month ago and it went great without a hitch from the very beginning.

Galen on our forum has also used this unit on a single headlamp conversion and now has proper High/Low beam function.

Edit: I've recently found out the the FZ16 single headlamps come with a dual filament 35 watt halogen lamp (Low Brightness). You can switch to the 55 watt Halogen commonly used in the US and other countries by incorporating this relay kit.

Attachments

• headlight INst.pdf
    958.9 KB · Views: 51
  • left headlight plug Layout1 (1).pdf
    378 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

galen

Reaction score
Visit site
This mod worked perfect:thumbup: Motogiro was always on the ball to help with trouble-shooting my electrical grimlins.100% satisfied.;)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome job! :thumbup:

If I didn't already have BD43's mod and streetfighter conversion, I'd use this approach.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
How does this coming week sound? I'm going to see you Saturday right? really want to see the Tormach

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm hoping to do both the conversion as well as installing a headlight modulator. Has anyone done both? Anything to look out for? I was planning to do the BD43 mod.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm hoping to do both the conversion as well as installing a headlight modulator. Has anyone done both? Anything to look out for? I was planning to do the BD43 mod.

Do you have a schematic of your modulator or how it's wired to the headlights? It should work great!

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
How does this coming week sound? I'm going to see you Saturday right? really want to see the Tormach

Should see you Sat unless the fog is so thick I can't see to get to Pala:BLAA:

Anytime next week is good for me, I have the mill up and running and have learned some of the limitations as to how much material can be removed, we can talk about it on Sat. in the meantime if you want just bring one of the relays on the ride and I will pay you then:D

Jerry

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Should see you Sat unless the fog is so thick I can't see to get to Pala:BLAA:

Anytime next week is good for me, I have the mill up and running and have learned some of the limitations as to how much material can be removed, we can talk about it on Sat. in the meantime if you want just bring one of the relays on the ride and I will pay you then:D

Jerry
I'll bring one with me! See you Sat.!!:BLAA:

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
This unit says it requires the low beams on at all times...and it modulates the high beam.

Well, I think it actually modulates both bulbs (you have to get the additional adapter for the FZ6). So on low beams, there is no modulation. On high beams, it modulates both the H4 (on high beam) and the H7.

I wouldn't really care about doing the mod for dual low beams unless I get the modulator. I almost always ride during the day and always with the high beam on. But if I get the modulator, I want the option to flip it to low beams (to stop modulation) and still have dual lights.

I'll have to check with Kenny when I get closer to making the purchase. I'm pretty sure he has this same modulator and I can't imagine that he hasn't done the BD43 mod.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I think it actually modulates both bulbs (you have to get the additional adapter for the FZ6). So on low beams, there is no modulation. On high beams, it modulates both the H4 (on high beam) and the H7.

I wouldn't really care about doing the mod for dual low beams unless I get the modulator. I almost always ride during the day and always with the high beam on. But if I get the modulator, I want the option to flip it to low beams (to stop modulation) and still have dual lights.

I'll have to check with Kenny when I get closer to making the purchase. I'm pretty sure he has this same modulator and I can't imagine that he hasn't done the BD43 mod.

Below is quoted from the ad. It modulates the high beam. The FZ6 OEM headlamps are one H7 (left lamp. low beam only) and one H4 (right side no low beam and High beam only) so if you do the bd43 or my mod you will have low beam on both sides and a high beam on the right side. It says the circuit does not use the Low Beam. So it looks to me with the Headlight mod and the modulator you will modulate the one right side high beam. There is not a high beam on the left headlight.
I personally don't use the high beam at night cuz people get angry.
I'll probably see Kenny tomorrow. He's on his way to SoCal and hopefully we'll see him at the BBQ. He's riding his bike out and He had a leaky valve stem yesterday....

Which they had video example of modulator....

pathBlazer circuit modulates the hi-beam current - from 100% ON to about 17% OFF. This is accomplished by using a p-channel MOSFET, which is inherently safe. The MOSFET is designed to fail in the ON state. For additional safety, the circuits DO NOT utilize the lo-beam whatsoever!

MAX power rating is 115 watts. DO NOT EXCEED!

P115W-DHL comes with a detachable daylight sensor, which simply plugs into the pathBlazer. The daylight sensor functions as a switch; it stops modulation when it cannot see enough daylight. Since the internal circuitry is controlled by a microprocessor, it allows for customizable features.

The Dude

abides
Reaction score
Visit site
It says the circuit does not use the Low Beam. So it looks to me with the Headlight mod and the modulator you will modulate the one right side high beam.

Wow, I hope that's not the case. I want both to modulate. Not looking for it to wink at people!

sarah-palin-wink.jpg

I'll be curious to see what Kenny's does. Thanks for the info!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, I hope that's not the case. I want both to modulate. Not looking for it to wink at people!
I'll be curious to see what Kenny's does. Thanks for the info!

Maybe he has two H4 lamps? If all goes well I'll see it tomorrow... :thumbup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.