two bro's are on the way!

You can tell if you are running lean by the condition of the spark plugs . If you are seriously worried about the problem I'd pull each spark plug, document their current condition (ie take a photograph of each) and then ride the bike till the next oil change or for a significant number of miles.

I would think a couple hundred miles would be too short, I'd say probably 1000miles and then re-check.

Just from a quick internet search, this website (Green Spark Plug Co (UK) Champion, Lodge, NGK, KLG, Bosch Spark Plugs) shows images of spark plugs which are experiencing different problems. Wikipedia also has some info on spark plugs which may help.

I must warn you, however, a spark plug job can get bad very easily, be careful to not cross thread or over tighten the spark plugs, for some reason the threads strip, the job will get a hell of a lot more involved and expensive.

just got back from a good 50 mile trip. and all i can say is WOW. it's like riding a musical instrument. in fact, it IS a musical instrument. definitely loud, although i wouldn't consider it too loud. certainly more of a head-turner. the first car i got close to slowed down and and waved me by. that has never happened before and was pretty damn cool. did not notice a single pop... it was more of a gurgling/bubbling while rolling off the throttle. i even tried to force a pop by really rolling of the throttle, but no dice. so i consider that to be a good thing. all in all nothing funky except for the burning chemical smell that the instructions said would be there as part of the break-in. the only thing i noticed that perhaps points to a lean fuel mixture is that i almost stalled out coming off a light. hard to tell if it's just me listening to the bike, and because it sounds louder i didn't give it as much gas as i would have, or indeed it's a touch lean. took note of that and didn't have any more trouble in that regard. i feel like i have to relearn my gearing a bit because you are definitely hearing 95% exhaust and 5% engine... much different than stock, so it's like she's speaking in tongues to me and i need to learn the vernacular. i was hesitant to really crank on it at first because of the noise. it's like, wow, this thing is really roaring, maybe i should dial it down a little. but that feeling started to go away quickly :rockon:. oh, and tunnels. i could go back and forth through tunnels all day. what a sound. also, i think it might be a little buzzier in the grips now. after about 30 minutes my throttle hand was almost completely numb. but i may have been squeezing too tight in fear of this thing rocketing into orbit :Flash:

took some pics, will post later! thanks again all. i feel like a new man.

You can tell if you are running lean by the condition of the spark plugs . If you are seriously worried about the problem I'd pull each spark plug, document their current condition (ie take a photograph of each) and then ride the bike till the next oil change or for a significant number of miles.

I would think a couple hundred miles would be too short, I'd say probably 1000miles and then re-check.

Just from a quick internet search, this website (Green Spark Plug Co (UK) Champion, Lodge, NGK, KLG, Bosch Spark Plugs) shows images of spark plugs which are experiencing different problems. Wikipedia also has some info on spark plugs which may help.

I must warn you, however, a spark plug job can get bad very easily, be careful to not cross thread or over tighten the spark plugs, for some reason the threads strip, the job will get a hell of a lot more involved and expensive.

i'm really not too worried about any potential problems. if i notice something funny i'll have it checked out. no way am i going to monkey with the spark plugs :squid:. not this year anyway.

Hee hee, welcome to the Two Brothers Club!! :thumbup: :welcome:

...by the way your dues for the club are now overdue. Send annual TB Club dues to Boneman.... :eek:;)

Your 2Bros seem to fit better than some, further back into the tail where some stick out (what seems to me to be) too far.

Well done job on install! They look awesome! :thumbup:

thanks! when i first slipped the tube onto the header, i thought i had it on all the way, until i gave it a little heave ho and a twist and it went in another couple inches. wonder if some people just don't go all the way onto the header and therefore make the cans stick out? who knows. and let this be proof that if i can do this, ANYONE can do it :Flash:

thanks bro... yeah, i do not believe it is possible to undertake such a task without tasty cold beverages to keep you from losing your mind. also helps to numb the pain. sliced the palm of my hand open in the middle of it but all the black goo on my hands got in there and helped stop the bleeding. so when i say blood, sweat, and beers, i mean it! also was done in a closed garage, 80 degrees outside and hotter inside, and gotta love the 70+% humidity in maryland around this time of year. :beer:

oh, also, if anyone is interested in the stock muffler/cover/fender etc., i'd be more than happy to give them to you for just the cost of shipping. i'd put this in 'parts for sale', or whatever, but it's a freebie :thumbup:

oh, also, if anyone is interested in the stock muffler/cover/fender etc., i'd be more than happy to give them to you for just the cost of shipping. i'd put this in 'parts for sale', or whatever, but it's a freebie :thumbup:

A word of advice from a fellow modder, KEEP all your stock parts!! I have a huge box of all the bits and parts I've taken off my bike over the years. Point it, if you ever sell the bike (I know, I know "sell" is a bad word ;)) then you can either return it back to stock or depending on the buyer un-mod certain things. Remember, your tastes are just that, yours.

You can get a lot more $$$ if you sell aftermarket stuff seperatley than on the bike, especially if you do a trade in where most mods are not even factored into the deal! Return bike to staock, trade it in and sella ll your mods seperatley and reap the rewards.

Blitzcraig,
They look great man.:thumbup: I just finished mine this morning. Went for a 120 mile ride. Bit loud.:eek: How do you like the sound level? Hey, where is your Two-Bro's emblems for the cans???:confused: Verdict= I like mine.
Audible:rockon:

Blitzcraig,
They look great man.:thumbup: I just finished mine this morning. Went for a 120 mile ride. Bit loud.:eek: How do you like the sound level? Hey, where is your Two-Bro's emblems for the cans???:confused: Verdict= I like mine.
Audible:rockon:

thanks! yeah they are loud. but i really like it. i bumped the idle rpm up to about 1400 to give it a little more grumble while sitting still. my favorite sound is jumping from 1st to 2nd... brrrrRRAWWRRRRRRRRR!!! awesome. i was wondering about the emblems? i had seen pictures of the cans with them, and when i got mine i got this sticker set, and said to myself, surely i am not supposed to put these plastic stickers on burning hot cans? so they used to rivet metal emblems onto them? i dunno, i may have liked that too, but i think they look great without them. i figure the roar does all the advertising anyway :rockon:

ok, after riding around for a week with these bad boys on, i think i may have to get the db killers. i think they are ok on the road... i have noticed that cagers stay a LOT farther back than they used to. no more tailing, that's for sure. problem is, i do a lot of riding in downtown annapolis with very narrow streets in the morning and man, i am afraid that one day someone is going to be waiting for me by their window with a brick. so, a little sound suppressing might be what the doctor ordered. boneman, i looked through your site and see that you did this, but on the two brothers site it asks if i am purchasing this for an FZ6, and if so, i need spacers. i didn't see that you said anything about spacers. here's the link:

Two Brothers Racing, add an item to your shopping cart:

so just want to make sure that i order the right part. will i indeed need to select the P1 with the spacer?

thanks!

Back