two bro's are on the way!

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well, i've done it now. ordered a set of two brother's slipons in aluminum this morning. got them new and shipped for $589. i looked around pretty thoroughly and that was the best deal i could find. i'll document with pics if anyone wants to see anything particular about the process... provided i get it right :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
well, i've done it now. ordered a set of two brother's slipons in aluminum this morning. got them new and shipped for $589. i looked around pretty thoroughly and that was the best deal i could find. i'll document with pics if anyone wants to see anything particular about the process... provided i get it right :thumbup:

That's a great price for new. I have the aluminum 2 Bro's and really like them.
You might want the Db killers for them after you hear them.

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ya, i see the large discussion going on at the moment about the sound. i'll ride it around for a few weeks before i make the db killer decision, as i am sure right off the bat it may seem extreme until i've gotten used to them. i have a k&n filter so i fear i may have to pull that out and put a stock filter in. we'll see how we do.

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice. $589 that is killer deal. I paid for mine $640 last year from the place I bought mine bike from. And that was discount since I got from them. I have the same alluminun cans and you will love them once installed. Word of advice, they are freaking loud so DB is a must for two bros.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
taking a look at BM's page... i think they look better with the DB's installed.

BM, you have an amazing bike. do you worry about insuring all the extra's you've done on the bike?

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone tried a P4 tip in the TB? I'm curious about the reduction on that tip vs. the P1. I've also considered making my own for it, like a restricter plate in NASCAR. ;) I can make several with different sizes and try them out.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
BM, you have an amazing bike. do you worry about insuring all the extra's you've done on the bike?

Thank you. Mehh, not really, but perhaps I should look into getting a specific rider added to my insurance. Problem id that might significantly jack up mu insurance. I know standard insurance only looks at book value regarless of what you've added onto your bike. They go by book value. I'll look into it.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you. Mehh, not really, but perhaps I should look into getting a specific rider added to my insurance. Problem id that might significantly jack up mu insurance. I know standard insurance only looks at book value regarless of what you've added onto your bike. They go by book value. I'll look into it.

I have a $1500 rider on my insurance to cover mods and gear. It was only a couple bucks a month. Worth it in my opinion! Call and ask at least. :D

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah i'll definitely post pics, and thanks, i can't wait to get my paws on these. problem is they are shipping from two bros to the guy i bought them from (biohazard cycles) and then to me, so he's saying that they won't even get in the mail to me from him until friday or monday. don't see why he can't just have two bros ship them directly to me, but oh well. and the inserts do look really good. i'll ride it around for a while before i make the call. the install of the pipes doesn't look like too tough thanks to all the info i've gathered here. its the fender elimination kit with the wiring and all that has me a little nervous.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Liberty gives me $500 free. I added the $1500 on top of that. Progressive priced themselves out of a customer here. As did the rest of them. State Farm is the closest to Liberty for us though.

wangt86

Reaction score
Visit site
You'll definately enjoy the TB. I got mine Carbon Fiber for $603 thanks to a ebay/paypal coupon. Originally it was 700 which was already a great price. Have fun with them!

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
wow boneman, that's a hell of a photo essay there. that is going to help me very much. thank you! i think my favorite pic was the last one :thumbup: though for the sake of making the process as easy as possible, i'll stick with the TB fender elim kit. can't say the positioning of the plate leans me one way or another. however as i look at the bike more and more over time, that will no doubt change and i'll pull your site up again and do a little reverse engineering. :rockon:

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
so i just got an email from paypal saying that the cans are being shipped... to my dad's house. my dad being the one who does not know about mr. fizz. i know, i am 29 years old and here i am paranoid about what my parents think. basically, its just easier this way. he will never understand that a motorcycle is anything but something to get killed on. of course that is true, but, you know. i'd rather just not have him worry all the damn time. anyway. apparently biohazzard cycles used my stored address in paypal to create a shipping label. i told this joker several times what my address was. granted, my fault for not updating my address in paypal, but still, i told the guy specifically where to send them. ugh. good news at least is that they are on the way. my question now is, what does the two brothers box look like? i mean, could i tell my dad it's a make your own pizza kit, or does it say hey, there's a motorcycle exhaust setup in here? :scared:

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
so the cans are coming to me today :sinister:. last night i took apart the rear end and got that stock muffler off of there. man, that thing is like taking darth vader's mask off... looks good with the covering on, but boy is it ugly once you get it naked. anyway. it looks like a pretty straightforward job from here, however the two bro's instructions (while good and the pics help, they definitely leave some details out so you have to use your own judgment a little bit, which for me is dangerous) say to use a crimper to mash the old and new wires together for the lights to get the new FE installed. i don't think i have one of these. i have wrenches and pliers and all that kind of stuff, but nothing dedicated to electric work. will i indeed need said crimping tool? if so, would i be able to find one at home depot or something? i'd really rather not bother with finding one of those if it is not absolutely necessary. as i said before, the wiring is what makes me a little nervous. is it like connecting speaker wire were you are essentially just twisting the old and new end together and then electric taping, or does it require something special? sorry to be so paranoid but i've never messed with this kind of thing before. :squid:

gracias! i'll post pics tonight if i can finish. :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
so i just got an email from paypal saying that the cans are being shipped... to my dad's house. my dad being the one who does not know about mr. fizz. i know, i am 29 years old and here i am paranoid about what my parents think. basically, its just easier this way. he will never understand that a motorcycle is anything but something to get killed on. of course that is true, but, you know. i'd rather just not have him worry all the damn time. anyway. apparently biohazzard cycles used my stored address in paypal to create a shipping label. i told this joker several times what my address was. granted, my fault for not updating my address in paypal, but still, i told the guy specifically where to send them. ugh. good news at least is that they are on the way. my question now is, what does the two brothers box look like? i mean, could i tell my dad it's a make your own pizza kit, or does it say hey, there's a motorcycle exhaust setup in here? :scared:

Tell your Dad they're micro brewery canisters! Nah....Then he'll come over for beer and see the bike. Then again....He's gonna find out and kick your butt anyway. Hahahaha

On your electrical question. It might be better to use butt splices with a good crimper and if you have a friend who's done electrical get that friend to help. Get a good crimper. Not the kind that's a combo wire stripper/crimper. Home Depot has them. They have red and black rubber grips. Klein Tools is one brand but I think Homer has a cheaper knock off that works fine. Use tape you can write on to tag your wires. Homer also has wire tags you can buy. After you crimp the wires together give a little tug to make sure you have a good crimp. After testing, tape it all up to help keep moisture out.
Nothing beats having a good friend with you on these projects because when things pop, smoke, catch on fire, or sit there and look stupid, you'll always have someone says, "Hey! remember when.....Hahahaha"

Cliff

Last edited:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Your analogy of basically splicing two wires together is correct.

You just need to get a basic wire crimping tool with a crimping head on it like this one with the Red, Blue and Yellow markings:

PhotoID10941.jpg

The different colours are for different wire gauge crimps. Red (smallest) are for smaller wires like 22-18AWG, Blue is the next sie up for 18-16AWG and Yellow is for bigger wires like 16-12AWG. For 12VDC bike stuff you can stick with the Red and Blue crimps. You just strip the end of the wire, stick it into the crimp and then place the crimp into the crimper and give it a good squeeze.

Also get yourself a decent set of wire strippers as you will need to strip the ens of the wires.

Most automotive supply stors like Pep Boys and Lordco carry these tools and all the assorted crimps. IIRC, my Two Brothers didn't come iwth any electical crimps and you will need to go out and get some ahead of time.