Took my first spill...

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow i wonder what your back rim hit, i've never seen anything like that before... nuts.
Glad your okay, my 1st roadbike wreck a few days ago wasn't anything exciting.

Now you've got yourself something to do on rainy days, or snow, depending on the weather :D

Again glad your okay!!

Never seen a rim like that; was the tire damaged at all? Any chance it went down and caused all the squirelly action?

Ditto - Glad you're OK!!!

ph0xx

Reaction score
Visit site
Update - I replaced all the broken/damaged parts and I'm back riding again! :Sport: The only thing I didn't replace was the dented gas tank. It wasn't that bad anyway because it just got a small dent where the handlebars bent down and made contact. The dent is right where the sticker is, so it's not even all that noticeable. I think it ran me ~ $400 to get everything fixed. Special thanks to several awesome folks on this forum that offered me their old handlebars for just the cost of shipping! I'll have to pay it forward somehow when I do some mods and have extra parts laying around. :thumbup:

Here's a pic of the bike's repaired left side which is what took all of the damage in the wreck.

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good as new! Glad you were able to fix her back up and that you didnt get injured:thumbup:

Props for getting right back into riding too!

Last edited:

ph0xx

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good as new! Glad you were able to fix her back up and that you didnt get injured:thumbup:

Props for getting right back into riding too!

Thanks! Yeah, I wasn't going to let a wreck scare me away from doing something that I love so much.

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you're ok! The rim needs to mentioned again, HOLY CRAP! I've heard a lot of different accounts on how effective frame sliders are. It looks to me that they performed as advertised and saved you a ton of money in extra repairs! I'm more convinced than ever that they work!!

ph0xx

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you're ok! The rim needs to mentioned again, HOLY CRAP! I've heard a lot of different accounts on how effective frame sliders are. It looks to me that they performed as advertised and saved you a ton of money in extra repairs! I'm more convinced than ever that they work!!

Yeah, that rim was something else! The tire was fine though. Put it right back on the new (used) rim and it's good as new-ish.
+1 on the sliders. I went back and got a replacement of the same exact one.

WhizzBang

Hot FZ6 Lovin'
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice repair job! I would say you're lucky the impact didn't bend the swing arm out of shape. They seem pretty light and by the looks of that wheel, it hit hard.

I live in fear of those pesky gravel patches. You've inspired me to invest in some sliders and some proper riding gear.

Mind you, hitting a kangaroo at 50km/hr while leaning out of a 'roundabout' on a little 250 ning-ning about 10 yrs ago should have been inspiration enough. I still have the plate in my shoulder.

Glad you got the girl all fixed up and are back on the road!

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What happened the third? Bike was totaled?

Ended up being totaled yea due to scratched up frame plus other broken parts, but I was too injured to ride home =\. If not for that, I could have limped her home. 50mph get-off on my Buell Firebolt while laying knee, f'ing hate gravel.

ph0xx

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice repair job! I would say you're lucky the impact didn't bend the swing arm out of shape. They seem pretty light and by the looks of that wheel, it hit hard.

I live in fear of those pesky gravel patches. You've inspired me to invest in some sliders and some proper riding gear.

Mind you, hitting a kangaroo at 50km/hr while leaning out of a 'roundabout' on a little 250 ning-ning about 10 yrs ago should have been inspiration enough. I still have the plate in my shoulder.

Glad you got the girl all fixed up and are back on the road!

Thanks. I agree that I was lucky and the damage was not worse. I'm glad I didn't hit a kangaroo though! Glad to have inspired you to get sliders and riding gear. :thumbup:

F

FZ6 Naked!

Sounds like you may have hit a slick spot, like oil or other kind of fluids considering that it was an on ramp. Anykind of a backup, especially during rush hour will create an accumulation of fluids on the roadway.

I agree. I left work the other day and felt like I was riding an ice patch on my dirt bike again! Thank god for a little bit of dirt riding skills. What was it? A bunch of oil that had been streaked along the road in a light rain while they were towing one of the helicopters to a different hangar for maintenance...

Glad you're alright though. A friend took a spill the other day avoiding a blind driver and didn't have his jacket. Got a little hamburger :( All gear, all the time!