Tomorrow might be my lucky day...

OKstate311

Gettin' Fizzy wit it
Reaction score
myspace.com
Going on a short trip tomorrow to take a look at this bad boy:

Being the haggler that I am I will of course try to knock the price down a bit. What do you guys think should be a reasonable settling point? It's got 5,500 miles on it, as stock as they come, and without a scratch or ding.

Any help & purchasing advice is very welcome!

Oh, and did the 2006's still require the TPS recall? Or was that just the 04-05 models?

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't pay more than $5k. Really, if you hold out for a couple of months, you could probably pick up an '08 for $6k. There are already some on Cycletrader for that price and brand new.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
$4800 OTD is what it whould go for. Some of the 2006 models did have a TPS recall. Only the serial number will tell when the dealer checks it. Good luck!!

OKstate311

Gettin' Fizzy wit it
Reaction score
myspace.com
I'm also traveling to the next state over to look at it, so I won't be paying TTL there. Should I knock a couple hundred off my OTD price for that?

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
Is it brand spankin' new? 0 miles? no more than 6K, I got my 2006 OTD for $6K almost a year ago...of course I live in CA where everything is expensive :(

**EDIT: my bike had 0 miles on it and wasn't even dealer prepped yet when I bought it.

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A year ago, I sold a 2005 with similar mileage on it for $4700 and thought I got a good deal as well as the buyer getting a great deal! $4800 is about what I'd expect to pay for the model year and you know they have a lot less into it than that. Offer low, dicker with them and come to an agreement, but don't walk out over $5k out the door.

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd have them knock $500 off right away because it's Blue and not the sexier Red. :Flip:

I know, I know. :spank: I'll go to my corner now.

But to add some useful info, I'd go with what FZinNH recommends. $4800 otd.

OKstate311

Gettin' Fizzy wit it
Reaction score
myspace.com
The mileage isn't listed, I called the dealer this afternoon to make sure they still had it and ask a couple detail questions. Salesman said it was 55xx but couldn't remember what the exact number was and I didn't feel like being a d*ck and make him go turn the bike on.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll be sure to fill you all in on what goes/doesn't go down.

And I'll post pics. :thumbup:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i got my brand new 07 OTD for 6400 in December, i would go with the $4800 as a top, the bike has undergone a redesign since that model and if it is only $1000 difference with 0 miles and the upgrades, i would not think it is worth it.

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
For another data point ...

I paid $5200 OTD for a 2007 w/ 1200 miles on the clock almost exactly one year ago. I'd star in the low 4's and mention the fact that the 2007 is a major redesign (in fact I'd probably look for 2007+).

But the bottom line is that you should decide what YOU are happy paying and then stick to that. Walk if they can't meet it; there wil be plenty of others to be had later.

Good Luck and have fun with it.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Also keep in mind that, while it make "look" great, it doesn't mean that it wasn't a hard 5500 neglected miles on it either! ;)