Time for a CHANGE!

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
Well i guess im not alone i see there are few other members selling ther beloved FZ, but as for me its time for a change of pace, I will be switching to a SUMO (SuperMotard) most likely a XR650R in the Motard trim or a Husqvarna SM610!

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
i think were all getting sick or somthing is going around? every one wants to sell their fz6, and i was one of them:confused: i came to my senses, so will you, you dont want to sell your bike bro.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well at least it has two wheels...looks like a fun bike. Why not just add it to the garage and get the FZ a friend?

Last edited:

robbijer

Reaction score
Visit site
I have on 06 husqvarna 610 TE, the regular version. If you do switch to the husky you will love it, the husky is a great bike. I have not ridden the SM version but I would like to. One side note is that the FZ6 is a lot more comfortable to ride longer distances (anything over an hour) in my opinion.

Good luck either way and happy riding.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Man the XR is a sweet bike. I was looking for a XR650R last year, bu they are currently out of production. I would up getting the XR650L and love it. The seat is really narrow, so it's no good for long rides, but it's a blast is the back woods. I also have a set of street tires for it. Good luck with it.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
IMO a sumo is (somewhat) limited in riding use - not really good for long trips, especially if any significant time is on the highway due to comfort issues so I view them as better 2nd bikes than only bikes. I'm sure hardcore sumo guys would disagree.

In any event, why not look for a cheap sumo or dirt bike to sumo, keep the displacement and weight down and really exploit the virtues of a sumo while keeping the FZ for other stuff. That's how I ended up with my xt350 project bike - won't be a sumo this year (just cleaning and fixing up) but prolly that will be next winter's updates.

youngGun

Reaction score
Visit site
The Husky is my second choice, its a beautiful bike, but the XR650R is bullet proof and the aftermarket parts list goes on for miles!! :thumbup:

As for keeping the FZ i like it but, after riding dirt bikes for 16 of my 21 years and racing them very competitively for 12 years, im a hell of alot more comfortable on them, and after riding a couple motards i found that im not as confident on the FZ as a motard! i love the FZ its by far my fav street bike even over the SS bikes but, Ive found my niche SUMO all the way.....:rockon:

I hope im not bared from the forum once i make the switch:spank::spank:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i second the idea of adding it to the stable. Both bikes have their purpose and i think you would miss the things that the FZ can offer

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I third that motion... add it to the stable and have both. I think you'll miss the FZ6 in short order.

But, for all of you needing a change, a standing offer of $250 for any used Fizzer.... :D ;)