This bike gets one more chance before I sell it.

fastar1

Reaction score
Visit site
Odd that I would only that this problem on this bike, after owning 8 others. I can see how the rider being the problem is the logical conclusion. :rolleyes:

An FZ1 is still in the running for my second bike, but what I've been reading suggests the throttle lag is just as bad. A Street Triple is pretty high on the list.

I got rid of my FZ6 for the same reason as you. Throttle tip-in and suspension just weren't up to snuff for the track. $2000 might have fixed it, might have.
I got a Street Triple R and it fixed all those issues. I will miss the touring capability of the FZ but for my purposes, it's a better compromise. I cream my pants every time I crack the throttle on the Triumph, it's like it's wired directly to my brain.

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Granted. I have never been to a track so don't know how the bikes run there. I had ridden 2 up before and it did fine but here in central Texas we don't have the same hills that the rest of the world does, almost nonexistent. I grew up in SoCal so know all to well about the terrain there.

Sorry if I seemed harsh. If it were me and the bike didn't work out I'd think about a way to get a different one. Maybe I'm more impatient. We all have our wants and needs in bikes that don't always match up with what others want and need. It was my first bike and within about 6 months i was ready to move on to something bigger (which I have now). Had the bike 8 months. I still miss it at times, was fun to hit the twisties in the "Hill Country" with others on sport bikes.

I did go back and see where you got a PCV and seemed to be satisfied for a couple of months. A power commander seems to improve just about any bike. I could use one on mine too (though it'd have to be a PCIII).

I still say the FZ6 is a great bike. It has a couple of flaws, the FI being the biggest. Nothing is perfect. I don't like to invest a lot to make something I want if there's something out there that fits most of the list in the first place. I almost got a VFR 800 as my first bike. Probably would've loved it. Who knows. The experience on the FZ6 was good overall and I know the guy that bought it has ridden the crap out of it since.

I had it for 8 months, put 9,000 miles on it and didn't regret one mile. Just changed the handlebars, up one tooth on the front sprocket and went back to stock exhaust, I was fine with everything else. FI was snatchy but I learned to live with it and learned how to ride with it.
What you got now Dave? for some reason I can't see peoples garages.

Nelly

DarkNinja75

Professional Poster
Reaction score
Visit site
I just lol'd at this. You are complaining about power delivery on the fz6 on track but your going to romp a 250? Oh boy..

Throttle lag, not power delivery. Those are completely differet. I've already ridden a 250 on the track before and I loved it.

Last edited:

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
They've long been on my list of want-to-own bikes, but the weight keeps me from pulling the trigger. My least favorite bike to own was a TL1000R, solely because it was ~500lbs, which is still lighter than a VFR. I'm a pretty small guy, so I'm trying to avoid heavier bikes.

its not noticeably heavy though. the compactness of the V4 really keeps the weight low and manageable. but im a V4 fanboy... high revs, torque, and smood'like'butta............