Thicker Grips

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Fellow FZ6ers

Does anyone have info for grips that are thicker than the stock hand grips. I have big hands and the grips are way to thin for my taste and comfort.

Thanks in advance for good information on a site and/or price.

Enjoy riding.:Sport:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I run Oury Grips which have large rubber blocks. They take some of the impact and vibration out of the bars. I ran them on my dirtbikes religiously for the previously noted reasons and to prevent arm pump from gripping the bars too tight.

IMG_3729.jpg

IMG_3728.jpg

IMG_4555.jpg

-bryan

Beknatok

Reaction score
Visit site
I run Oury Grips which have large rubber blocks. They take some of the impact and vibration out of the bars. I ran them on my dirtbikes religiously for the previously noted reasons and to prevent arm pump from gripping the bars too tight.

-bryan

bmccrary - thanks for that recommendation! I too, have wanted thicker grips and hate grip puppies. Seems these guys are local to me too, so I'll have to drop 'em an e-mail and check 'em out. Too bad their website is terrible.

Looks like you have their "mountain" grips. Know anything about their "lock-on" grips?

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i bought what i thought was the right size grip puppies, but they seem like they wont fit on the grips.. any suggestions??

Manx

Reaction score
Visit site
i bought what i thought was the right size grip puppies, but they seem like they wont fit on the grips.. any suggestions??

The grip puppies are great, but they do seem initially quite tight.

I first fitted them using some washing up liquid and they went on really easy, but unfortunately they started to slip. So I took them off, cleaned off the soap and liberally used hairspray, went on easy and its a weak adhesive when dry. I have had no problems so far.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I used soapy water as well. It was a struggle, especially on the throttle side but they went on. I let them dry for a week of non-riding weather to insure they wouldn't slip. :thumbup:

With my winter gloves, I had some issues with the web area between the thumb and index fingers... painful for some rides, bearable on others. But with my summer gloves (Held Steve's) they are no problem at all. :D

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ok so i do have to use some soapy water.. thats what the problem was i guess.. i thought of cutting them and then zip tying them, but thaks for clearing this up for me guys :)

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
bmccrary - thanks for that recommendation! I too, have wanted thicker grips and hate grip puppies. Seems these guys are local to me too, so I'll have to drop 'em an e-mail and check 'em out. Too bad their website is terrible.

Looks like you have their "mountain" grips. Know anything about their "lock-on" grips?

I am not real familiar with their website, I have always got them through my father at the shop. Any major MC shop should be able to get them for you through Parts Unlimitied of Tucker Rocky.

As for their other grips, I am not sure. I have never run any other Oury's before.

The only down fall I have with the grips, which is probably more my fault during the glueing is that they have rotated some. However, this is due to the soft strap going around the grips when I have loaded the bike up in the truck to take it home a few times.

-bryan

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
About the grip puppies, I had to cut mine because they were too long. But just take some sand paper and round of the edges to match the other end. After sand papering the ends, it will look like they were custom fitted.