Question FZ6 S2 stock stator output?

asp125

Reaction score
Visit site
I have read where the stock stator & R/R isn't really the best at charging, so I am questioning the choice to add accessories.

I am planning on running LED aux lighting (30W) plus possibly adding heated grips (30W) and maybe doing the headlight mod (+55W)
Wondering what the stock charging system is rated for to be able to handle that load and charge the battery?
Based off the owner's manual all the stock lights pull 150W peak, so I am adding another 115W on top.
I read on another thread (unverified) that the stator puts out ~300W

Anyone here run LED aux lights and heated grips? What about heated gear on top of that?

Maybe upgrade to the Electrosport Stator R/R?

Last edited:

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The charging system has been designed to produce 310 watts at 5,000 rpm. The headlight consumes 55w (low beam), the tail light 5w (21w with the brake applied), the front position lights 5w (21w when the turn signals are in use) and the tail light uses 5w. There are other itens that consume power such as the ECU and fuel pump too. My Spidy-Sense tells me that the bike itself uses 50% of the available power, and the remainder is lost to heat in the R/R. You should have no problem running heated grips, an aux LED light and some additional stuff, like a phone charger.