They took my Job!

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got great news today, I interviewed with a few places this week and got an offer from a place that I really like. I start my new job on Monday. Woot!:D:D:D:D:D

WOW that was fast too! Maybe I should tell my son to go back to school to be a pastry chef....his degree in actuary math isn't getting him much!

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
just got called into work on my day off to find out I've been laid off, last week my boss told my department that her request for an Assistant Pastry Chef went through the big bosses, I was the pastry supervisor. So I kind of saw it coming but it still is pretty crappy. Now I'm in the process of finding a new job.. hooray! I guess I may have to limit my spending a little more for a while. It's a good thing I gave my notice on my apartment and my parents have extra room at their house, what 25 yr old guy doesn't want to move back in with mommy and daddy! I doubt things can get much worse at this point so I should be positive cause things can only get better from here on out. ok my rant is over.

side note.. I got home that night and my xbox360 got "red rings" so I'm without it for 2-3 weeks while its in Texas getting repaired

Dude, at 25 myself and still a student since I was 3 i've been in a similar position!!! Bunking in with the folks, even living away from home now I still find the time to get home for some good food. Treat yourself to some home grown food for the next while...and before you know it a job will come your way.

BH322893

Pastry Chef
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.HarpersBakery.net
Whoa. So you got the rest of the week to hang out knowing you have a job Monday? Sweet. Congrats.

Dennis
I kind of get to hang out, I'm gonna try to get my apartment packed up mostly and make an escape for the motorcycle show on Saturday for a few hours. I really appreciate everyone's kind words, I'm thankful to have found something that seems like a great fit in such a short amount of time.

BH322893

Pastry Chef
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.HarpersBakery.net
it turned out the job was temporary, apparently the owner didn't want to pay me salary after he found someone else who had more experience(older) or willing to take less pay. Oh well looks like its time to push forward with my own start-up. I found that Intuit.com has a great web hosting system for small businesses so I'm gonna try that. I need help coming up with a eye catching name for my bakery though. I seem to keep drawing a blank, anyone have suggestions?

gjpollman

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear it was a temp thing... but at least it will push you to open your own place and at 25 thats impressive. Im not all that creative so I cant help on a name for you...but... if it makes you feel any better (I noticed a few months ago when you said moving back with the parents) my friend is 24 no degree still lives at home in an 8x10 room, has weekly yard work chores AND still works at an arcade... so I would say you are in better shape then most our age :)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
it turned out the job was temporary, apparently the owner didn't want to pay me salary after he found someone else who had more experience(older) or willing to take less pay. Oh well looks like its time to push forward with my own start-up. I found that Intuit.com has a great web hosting system for small businesses so I'm gonna try that. I need help coming up with a eye catching name for my bakery though. I seem to keep drawing a blank, anyone have suggestions?

Will you ship? I want to taste some of your treats!

Let us know when you get up and running, I would like to place an order. You can make some special FZ6 cookies.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As everyone else has said, keep your head up! If you can't find anything decent near there you could always use it as an excuse to travel! Ever think about the possibility of applying to work on a cruise ship? Just a thought! Best of Luck!:thumbup:

BH322893

Pastry Chef
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.HarpersBakery.net
Will you ship? I want to taste some of your treats!

Let us know when you get up and running, I would like to place an order. You can make some special FZ6 cookies.

yes I'm going to be setting it up to ship to US and accept payments through paypal

I'll definitely look into making either an fz6 or yamaha cookie. Mail order stuff will probably be cookies, brownies, maybe even some candies to start but I'm open to work with people for what might be in demand.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Names....

PastryWorx

Sweet Obsession

Fresh Bake

Good luck with it all, sounds like you have the "nowse" to make this work...please keep us posted!

:thumbup:

BH322893

Pastry Chef
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.HarpersBakery.net
Woot I am employed again! I'm in management training for Chipotle Mexican Grill, currently training at the Boston University store. It's not pastry but it's food service management with a paycheck. After 6 weeks I'll get relocated to a new store. Now I'll get to add fun new things to the bike like the FZ8 headlight and maybe pin striping.