Techspec tank grip - High Fusion

mellofelow

Reaction score
Visit site
After finding some fine scratches around the tank, I decided to install these tank grips from Techspec. I believe these are the High Fusion type. Enjoy!

256r446.jpg

25suaoo.jpg

jhc1lg.jpg

fldqau.jpg

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good. Does the grip work well while riding? I need to do something with the sides of my tank. Do you have to cut to fit? Thanks :thumbup:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Here ya go, at the bottom of this page:

Motorcycle Tank Grips from TechSpec-USA - Yamaha Gripster Sport

I've been wondering what the High Fusion ones looked like since the only pictures they have are of the Snake Skin ones. Those look great and look like they might not wear on leathers quite as much as the Snake Skin.

BTW, you don't have to cut to fit...they come made for the FZ6 tank.

mellofelow

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh... they come as you see them. The only other piece I didn't install was the center piece. So, 3 pieces total. Plus they gave me a small snakeskin as a sample. Nahhh... didn't like that, not only looks weird, it's too thick as well.

The trick to install is to heat the pad a little (with hair dryer or heat gun). I lay the grips on the tank and use painters (blue) masking tape and held it in position on the top. I then peel the sticker and slowly adhere the grip onto the tank making sure there are no air bubbles.

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I found some clear sheets of 3-M stickers, dirt-bikers use them to cover their number plates. They're pretty thick and they protect the whole part of my tank where I grip the tank. I found some small scratches too so I just cut these beauties to fit. I do like those protectors though. My little brother found some that were very bumpy, like the stomp pad for a snow board and he's putting them on his tank... too bumpy for my taste though.

mellofelow

Reaction score
Visit site
Are they grippy? i'm interested in the hard-braking and knee-draggin benefits.
Oh yeah... they're pretty tacky. The material is pretty similar to handle grip.

Now, my first ride impression from this morning, with my textile pants, the tank feels softer against the legs/knees. However, it needs a little more coverage on the bottom... for skinny short legs of mine. Perhaps I installed them a little too high. I might move them down an inch or so. Good thing about the Techspec is their adhesives are removable.

BigJoeG

Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered a set as well. I am hoping that this will reduce some of the sliding forward that I get with my Corbin seat. Especially with a passenger!

Thanks! :thumbup: