stupid car drivers

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
This happened on my way home tonight. The road turns into a single lane, and I had right of way. The woman coming the otherway slowed down to stop at her giveway line, and then decided to carry on. :spank:

Can't make out the car reg in the video, or I would be sending this to the police

(some slight nsfw language in the audio :eyebrow:)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZvCJ6vKzHg]stupid ***** - YouTube[/ame]

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
I try not to let it get to me now. I have a good two or three like that every day. Mostly tailgaters. It's usually van drivers or "executive saloons" that cause the most problems.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you saw the *stupid* coming and did enough to avoid a crash. People have zero patience and most have little respect for anything smaller than what they drive :(

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you saw the *stupid* coming and did enough to avoid a crash. People have zero patience and most have little respect for anything smaller than what they drive :(

I hate to think about it too much, but I think people probably will take the risk of an accident if they're sure they won't get hurt. "Should I go? What if I hit that motorcyclist? He dies and I go home. Let's give it a go!"

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hate to think about it too much, but I think people probably will take the risk of an accident if they're sure they won't get hurt. "Should I go? What if I hit that motorcyclist? He dies and I go home. Let's give it a go!"

I'd like to think most are not malicious.. they're just on auto-pilot. That's of little comfort to us riders though.

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Same sort of thing happened to me on a one lane bridge a couple of months ago. The lady would've hit me if I hadn't slowed down to look first (like the sign said). :thumbdown: She waved to say "sorry"...I try not to let that that stuff get to me too much, but it really is baffling. Glad you're OK! :thumbup:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
Same sort of thing happened to me on a one lane bridge a couple of months ago. The lady would've hit me if I hadn't slowed down to look first (like the sign said). :thumbdown: She waved to say "sorry"...I try not to let that that stuff get to me too much, but it really is baffling. Glad you're OK! :thumbup:

exactly the same thing the woman did to me after I shook my fists at her, looked at me and raised her hand as it to say "oops, sorry!".

I get people trying to kill me every day, but some come closer than others, I try not to let it get to me, sometimes you need to release though :)

made_in_izmir

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
England roads are really so bad and narrow ...what is this confusing sings on roads , zigzags , trapezoids and other geometric forms ... and always wondered why you use left side of roads while rest of the world just the opposite : ) also didnt understand what was the mistake in your video : p

Last edited by a moderator:

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site

made_in_izmir

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
diagonal lines are to mark an area, it's enclosed in a solid white line which means you shouldn't enter it. Double yellow lines are because it's no parking. The 2 way road narrows under a bridge to 1 lane. Traffic on my side has priority and right of way over the other side, she should have stopped and yielded.

Okay I got it , but why there is an area that you should not enter there in the part of the road need it the most ?

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
exactly the same thing the woman did to me after I shook my fists at her, looked at me and raised her hand as it to say "oops, sorry!".

I get people trying to kill me every day, but some come closer than others, I try not to let it get to me, sometimes you need to release though :)

I ride the same way that I drive my cage, always expect the unexpected from other drivers, that way when it happens, as you were prepared for, it doesn't come as a surprise. Instead of shaking your fist, try just using one finger instead :Flip:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Instead of shaking your fist, try just using one finger instead

This is the part I still struggle with. Not the middle finger.. the "showing any reaction at all". I tend to shake my head in disgust. I fear one day that may be enough to make someone mad enough to run me over.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
England roads are really so bad and narrow ...what is this confusing sings on roads , zigzags , trapezoids and other geometric forms ... and always wondered why you use left side of roads while rest of the world just the opposite : ) also didnt understand what was the mistake in your video : p

'Chapeau means hat. Cravat means tie. Those French have a different word for EVERYTHING! '. Old Steve Martin bit.

It makes sense if you are from the country in question. Lol

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
and always wondered why you use left side of roads while rest of the world just the opposite : )

Apart from:

Anguilla
Antigua and Barbuda
Australia
Bahamas
Bangladesh
Barbados
Bermuda
Bhutan
Bophuthatswana
Botswana
British Virgin Islands