Streetfighter V3.0

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice!!! I wonder what it would look like with a pair of watson flushies embedded on each side? In matching black of course!

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice!!! I wonder what it would look like with a pair of watson flushies embedded on each side? In matching black of course!

That would probably look ok... it would clean up the forks for sure... I`ll be just happy when I can ride again hehe

I just dropped the fairing at a friend's shop for paint :)

We did the inside already and the sanding outside is done... hopefully it`ll be painted by saturday night.

He will also help me make a proper bracket... it should be interesting :D

2494837045_0d3afc6721_o.jpg

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll let you know how long it will take for that plastic item to get trashed after I have installed it. See, wavex is pretty good in attacking our wallets with these links he posts... :D

Yeah, saw the post and ordered it. Will see

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wavex its looking amazing keep up the good work. Cant wait to see it painted. :thumbup::thumbup:

Makes me think about going naked i just dont have the heart to take apart my 08 yet possibly in the future :rockon:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks man! I bought my first FZ6 in July 2006 and it was naked within a year (no crash or anything)... aesthetically, this bike was made to be naked (imho)!
Don`t wait till you drop it to go naked, because you won`t get as much $$ for your fairings :D :rockon:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
So I went on a ride to test out the new mods and here are my reviews:

- cops didn`t mind me not having a headlight (they stared at me but nothing!)

- (-1) in the front is my new favorite mod. The bike responds better down low and gives you the feel that you're riding a toned down smooth V-twin... but still with the high rpm rush... amazing! Plus the shifting seems to be smoother too. All around best mod.

- The LSL Streetbars are awesome as well: leaning the bike over is easier and more natural, and you get more feedback from the bike, especially from the front end... On the other hand, I definitely need the setback plates now... they`ll make the whole position perfect.
Comfort is definitely not what it was with the stock bars... I would compare it to a Monster position. You`re "in" the ride more than just sitting on it.
One thing I may do is shorten each extremities by an inch or 1/2 an inch. The body position is great, but I feel like my arms are spread out a little too much. I may keep it as is for now and try to get used to it and then re-consider shortening it later in case I am still unhappy with it.

The Koso is re-mounted very close to the top triple now... actually right behind the top clamp holding the bar. I tapped 2 holes on the front side of the top triple, grinded the original koso bracket, and it fits there perfectly. I think it`ll look good even with the headlight top fairing coming close.

Tomorrow, the headlight will be painted, and the bracket will be built. My friend and I talked about its design, and will make it tomorrow (some welding involved).

It should all be done by Sunday night... I cant wait :rockon:

Last edited:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh I forgot to mention that the mirrors sucked underneath the handlebar... I could see fine, but had to really take my vision off the road completely to do it, so I am back to where I used to be on that...

Northern

Reaction score
Visit site
Wavex, could you tell me, is your mirrors with flat or spherical surface - other ways are the wide angle or not? I know they look super, but what about driving? Do you always look over your shoulder?

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Mirrors are flat, but instead of giving you the convex look (wide angle), they give you a concave look (zoomed in, like a lot of car mirrors)... which works great for me. It is a big diff compared to stock, but you get used to it very quickly. They are also slightly tinted.

I always check my dead angle (even when I had stock mirrors) so that did not change. The bottom line is that they work fine to see whats behind you... I recommend them.

Northern

Reaction score
Visit site
I was more interested on those:
BS070A.jpg

But today I get my new mirror:
10028197_860_06.JPG
10028197_860_DET01_08.JPG

They have almost the same dimensions as the RIZOMA ones.
Bad thing: I order this one from German web shop, and mis some important note, and they send me only one mirror. To order other one, I have to wait 2 more weeks. Sad!!! :(

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
I was more interested on those:
BS070A.jpg

But today I get my new mirror:
10028197_860_06.JPG
10028197_860_DET01_08.JPG

They have almost the same dimensions as the RIZOMA ones.
Bad thing: I order this one from German web shop, and mis some important note, and they send me only one mirror. To order other one, I have to wait 2 more weeks. Sad!!! :(

The rizomas above ^^ are the same as mine, but with bar end mounting... great stuff.

The ones you ordered look great as well... let us know how they work out for you :) (sorry to hear about your mistake hehe)

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
My friend was finishing a sick hotrod, using the same paint as what was needed for my headlight... good timing!

He did a shopped top, boddy work, everything on the car pretty much...

2500307545_3091fa0157_o.jpg

2501137284_6cde41ed8a_o.jpg

2500307829_5822161d2a_o.jpg

2501137370_3a205f97ab_o.jpg

2501137524_68f9e6d374_o.jpg