Streetfighter V3.0

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Hope you're going to flip those bars the other way before install.... :D :p

Looks GREAT!!!

haha no! I am looking for an extreme forward position on the bike! :D just kidding, I noticed that afterwards as well :thumbup:

Thanks man...

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Ooh, tell us more about those bars.

You've got a handle on the 15T install? Got the torque wrench and all?

Negative... I don`t have a handle on it nor do I have a torque wrench lol... I was going to search for a How To thread, because I read recently that the swap is kindda tricky?

The LSL Street Bars were around $60, which is pricey for simple bars, but I wanted a quality product... they are indeed very well done and I expect the riding position to be perfect! more forward lean should make for easier body positioning in corners... I`ll report back after I get a chance to ride some twisties with them.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
HELLGATE!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :Flash:

Check out what got here today............. will be dropped at the powder coating house tomorrow:

2458490696_ddbc14d330_o.jpg

btw, I didn`t even realize you had an '07... that makes the top tripple even better!

Again thank you for doing it basically for free... that really rocks! let me know if you ever need anything imported from Europe.... I have connections everywhere :D

Talk to me about the full fairing for the 07 FZ, that is what I would really like!

Oh, you are more than welcome. :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Negative... I don`t have a handle on it nor do I have a torque wrench lol... I was going to search for a How To thread, because I read recently that the swap is kindda tricky?

The LSL Street Bars were around $60, which is pricey for simple bars, but I wanted a quality product... they are indeed very well done and I expect the riding position to be perfect! more forward lean should make for easier body positioning in corners... I`ll report back after I get a chance to ride some twisties with them.

I wish I would have known I would have given you my old LSL Streets! Ugh! That is what I took off for the Convertis!

If anyone whats them let me know and they are yours. All I ask is for shipping.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
I wish I would have known I would have given you my old LSL Streets! Ugh! That is what I took off for the Convertis!

If anyone whats them let me know and they are yours. All I ask is for shipping.

You had them in black? too bad! :)

Man you`re too generous, they should go in no time...:thumbup:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, here is what I found:

Yamaha France sells it for 590 Euros, which is $905.
Yamaha UK sells it for 379 UK pounds, or $735.

Still trying to find distributors for better pricing, but nothing yet... if you need help getting the one from the UK, let me know :)

Y

yukon_alex

Yamaha Canada has it for$790CDN. Might be an idea to order it from a dealer here and make a "quick" run across the nearest border! I know Texas is far from the Canadian border but it is a good excuse to put some miles on the FZ!
YAMAHA MOTOR CANADA | 2007 FZ6

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yamaha Canada has it for$790CDN. Might be an idea to order it from a dealer here and make a "quick" run across the nearest border! I know Texas is far from the Canadian border but it is a good excuse to put some miles on the FZ!
YAMAHA MOTOR CANADA | 2007 FZ6

Good point. I suppose get on I-35 and go north! Bolt it on and head south! I could do the whole trip in about 10 turns or less!

MoeRose

Reaction score
Visit site
Quick update: I am really happy, as I am having my gixxer headlight mini fairing rebuilt and painted (glossy black again) for $100! :rockon:

So now I just need to find a cheap gixxer headlight unit on ebay ("buy it now" at $200 is a little too much), and I`ll have 2 headlights...

I may sell it or may just keep it and swap headlights depending on my moods lol

Wouldn`t that be sweet? build a "snap-on" mechanism to the fork brackets so I can take a headlight off and replace it in seconds... hmmmmm

I did this with my busa headlamp,but it mounts to the fork legs in 4 spots.comes off with little effort and leavs no trace.
I cut off the rear peg stantions as you mentioned and it makes the bike look way better.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey thanks bro! You got some pics of all of that? I think I`ve seen your ride already, but we were all asking for close ups! :)

Thanks again...

paulallender

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey,
Cool bikes!! Thought i would share mine. In the next couple of weeks im having custom wheels and custom one piece under tray / exhaust mould and the seat cowl will be part of it.

Be Safe,

Paul

Bike-Side-View.jpg

Bike-1.jpg

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey,
Cool bikes!! Thought i would share mine. In the next couple of weeks im having custom wheels and custom one piece under tray / exhaust mould and the seat cowl will be part of it.

Be Safe,

Paul

I like very much. Everybody has those Rizoma mirrors:)

What about the front end, are you going to do anything to that?

paulallender

Reaction score
Visit site
I like very much. Everybody has those Rizoma mirrors:)

What about the front end, are you going to do anything to that?

I will touch the front end soon, not sure in what direction to take it. Looking forward to the wheels though, the spokes are being polished and the rims left black. I was thinking about red angel eyes in the head light.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Quick update

So I went on a last ride today with the bike untouched since the crash... I used a LED head light (as in to wear around the head, like this) and wrapped it around the forks .... it was enough for the few miles I wanted to do... I wanted to take it out for a spin to make sure everything felt the same as before the crash, and I got my confirmation... everything seems a-ok.

I took the opportunity to stop buy Home Depot to get a few tools I was missing... a torx socket kit, a torque wrench, and a set of large sockets (all the way to 26mm, since this is what is required to remove the steering stem nut)

After that, I started working on the handlebar, by removing the controls/mirrors & grips, and finally the handlebar itself.

Next I wanted to remove the ignition switch... after about 15 minutes of grinding using my dremel, I wanted to the bike
I think I got one of them, but will have to take the top triple down to get better access to the other rivet (not sure how these security bolts are called).
If there's a better way to get rid of these, please share!

Hopefully, tomorrow I`ll have the new triple + handlebar on, along with the -1 front sprocket...

Headlight will be shipped on Tuesday (overnight), so hopefully it`ll get here Wednesday or Thursday... the bike should be ready to go by then, so I`ll just have to figure out the mounting.