Starting FZ6 while injured so battery doesn't Die

yelbmur

Reaction score
Visit site
I tore a ligament in my thumb recently playing baseball and I'm in a cast for a month, so I won't be able to ride the FZ6 for awhile. How often should I start up the bike and how long should I leave it running once it's started so the battery stays charged up?

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
I tore a ligament in my thumb recently playing baseball and I'm in a cast for a month, so I won't be able to ride the FZ6 for awhile. How often should I start up the bike and how long should I leave it running once it's started so the battery stays charged up?
If you're worried about the battery you'd be better off hooking it up to a battery maintainer. The FZ stator doesn't put out enough power at idle to charge the battery much if at all. You might end up running it down actually from the repeated starting drains and minimal charging while it's running. It's easy enough to lift the tank up and prop it up and stick a maintainer on there. Optimate3 is a good one or any VDC Batteryminder is also a good maintainer.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yup deff either unhook it or buy a battery maintainer!:thumbup: wouldn't start it as said before won't charge it enough so you will be doing more harm than good