Speedo Healer and 15t install

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
I finally got to take mine out for a nice spin since i put the 15t on after it started snowing. WOW is all I can say.... who woulda thought that 1 tooth off the front could make such a difference. It completely transformed the feel of the throttle in each gear. There's no sluggish hesitation like the stock set up.

I haven't ordered a speedo healer and am really debating on parting with the $ right now. does anyone know how far off the speedo averages after installing a 15t front?

Hey Hank .. check out this link... http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/29055-speedo-healer-2.html

I just bought the speedodrd for 45.00 less than the speedohealer and it works perfectly... my mini review is on the link.

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but the significant diameter change on a -1 front sprocket change will greatly increase front sprocket wear-out and also wear the chain much faster. If you really want to change the gearing go to a larger rear sprocket. That little tiny front sprocket will work and feel good, but will increase maintenance requirements and decrease fuel economy from the smaller diameter chain friction. Not to mention the higher RPMs from any lowering of the gearing!
Let the flames begin!

I think you are going to find several people who have owned bikes for a lot of miles with no adverse effects from the change. Its really not that big a deal. Who cares if the chain wears out a few hundred miles sooner, chain and sprocket are cheap! And you should probably be changing the chain by that time anyway. As far as mileage goes... its almost unnoticeable and for the increase in fun VERY worth it.

Last edited:

pedge1

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed a 15 t sprocket and Speedohealer last Sunday and all I can say is WOW!!!! Made the bike much easier to ride around town, just seems like you are always at the right place in the powerband cruising at town speeds. As for the extra wear issue, several bikes come with 14 and 15 tooth sprockets stock. It won't make ANY discernible difference on wear.

michael_p

Reaction score
Visit site
I've just done the mod :thumbup:
......and love it :rockon:

I've been looking at the gearingcommander site:

Gearing Commander: Motorcycle Gearing Ratio Sprocket RPM Speed Chain Calculator (damn good site by the way :thumbup:)

And decided to install -1/+1 next time I have to change the chainkit.
That'll give almost the same wheelbase as stock. And the combination should, acording to wear, be pretty optimal.
Anyone running -1/+1?

Bikebiz

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just installed my healer. This write-up made install a breeze, all of 10mins.

Interesting to see that the recommendation for a no gearing change is -5.2%!!