Southern CA FZ6-Forum members meet up

YoungAndDumb

Reaction score
Visit site
My battery died tonight, and considering I had a new battery put in a couple months ago I'm suspicious that there might be something wrong w/ the charging system.

Sorry fellas but I have to back out. Really sucks b/c I was looking forward to this all week!

Have fun! Hope we do another one soon!

S

sportrider

So Poorwboy will be leading the pack and navigating (better not get lost) with his R1 and Sportrider sais he's taking the sweep (better not get left behind) with his R1. Who's going to be the first Fizzer behind Poorwboy for this "FZ6-Forum member meet up? Is there some kind of order we ride in with a dozen or two riders?
I'm going to have a pre-ride brief before we head out, and explain all the hand signals just incase someone dosen't know, also with the number of riders we'll have, we'll ride in a staggered formation when ever were just cruising and if it's a fast section or twisties we'll go single file. also pass only on the left in straights and if you pass in a corner pass on the outside, at every junction where we're changing roads we'll re-group before heading on(unless everyone is running pretty tight). thats about it, we'll figure out the string once we've ridden a bit (faster riders to the front) 10 hours to go!!!!!:D

sasper

Reaction score
Visit site
Heading to bed now. It's going to be an early morning!

Sorry to hear you can't make it YoungAndDumb! I didn't pick the phone up because I was on the bike testing out the new 15t sprocket! Hope you get the charging system worked out.

See everyone in the morning.

S

sportrider

see ya tomorrow!!! I'm calling it a day now also.

too bad young, maybe next time.

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry guys i'm not going to make it tomorrow. I would be in no mental or physical shape to ride for that many miles with the amount of sleep id get...lol...Hope you enjoy the ride!

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
I hate flaking on rides but it feels good to be back in Nor Cal, and I don't even know why. if you guys ever plan a ride up here, I'm in like flynn.

IronButtX

Reaction score
Visit site
My battery died tonight, and considering I had a new battery put in a couple months ago I'm suspicious that there might be something wrong w/ the charging system.

Sorry fellas but I have to back out. Really sucks b/c I was looking forward to this all week!

Have fun! Hope we do another one soon!

YAD:

I think you're right about the charging system. I'd make sure the dealer finds the gremlin under warranty.

Sorry, you'll miss the ride. I wish I could make it, So Cal is a long way from Wichita, KS.

Let me know how you fare with the dealer.

poorwboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Today turned out awesome. Had a wonderful time. Glad to meet everybody, we'll have to do it again soon. I feel bad for vegasrider. I'm already home and complaining about being soar. Vegasrider you are a warrior.:thumbup:

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 Likewise. It was cool meeting you all. Poorwboy you and other sweepers thanks for riding back :Sport:

So who's got the pics?

p.s.
speaking of being sore, I felt like the engine was burning a hole in my right boot. I think I did 300+ miles wowsers.

S

sportrider

Awesome ride!!! it was fun to ride with everyone, and meet up:thumbup:

S

sportrider

How was the route?

....and who's ready to start planning the next one? :thumbup:
it was a perfect day with exception of the temp in Borrego Springs(which the food made up for) it was perfect. did you figure out what happened to your battery?

P.S. everyone post up who went so we know everyone got home OK

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Good to see all of you today, and great to ride with all of you. Here are the nicer pics that I took today.

Let's play an old game from our childhood using today's pictures: Which of the following is not like the other? Perhaps a wolf among sheep.

Last edited:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Steve, Jon, and I all got home in one piece. We even got Steve's second headlight hooked up today after the ride since I had all of the parts laying around.:thumbup:

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Made it home, I'll edit this post tomorrow with comments. It was fun...

--Edit--

That was a nice day yesterday with temperatures from about 85-105°F. The route that sportrider chose was perfect for this group as it crossed through varied terrain and elevations with time to relax and enjoy the ride mixed with some twisting terrain. I ride these roads a lot but rarely on weekends due to the heavy traffic. I was genuinely surprised to find very few other bikes on most of the roads, and Palomar Mtn. was practically deserted, which was fine with me!

The riders all showed a measure of maturity that is quite rare these days. Although most of us rode a quick but safe pace there were no episodes of stunting or poor judgment. We rode well together and I look forward to the next outing, maybe Big Bear/Silverwood in the next few weeks.

I put in 380 miles yesterday, but that was only 1/2 of Vegasrider's total!! It's great to see such enthusiasm to ride, you are the man.

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Turned out this was a 793 mile ride for me! My butt is so freaking sore, and my arms, elbows and hands are sore too. My throttle hand has blisters. For those who are wondering how you can get so sore, those twisties are very demanding, takes a lot of work, especially if you ride aggressively. Well when I was heading back, you know it's bad news when you see all of the oncoming traffic on the freeway have their headlights on. I got drenched on the way home. But still made it back in record time, as I was avg 110mph.

This was my first introduction to the twisties. Totally different kind of riding than what I'm use to. My poor Fizzer really got a workout today. The most important thing I learned today during this ride in the twisties is to make sure you are in the correct powerband during the turns, as it will make the turn a little more forgiving if you make a mistake.

It was nice meeting all of you, finally have a face and voice to go along with some of the threads. Special thanks to Sportrider and Poorwboy for leading the way, and an assist to Cali Rider as well ( he can ride!) Most importantly, there were no incidents and looks like everyone made it home safely, as I guess I'm the last one to check in.

Time for me to go get a massage, and I don't care where I have to go and get it!:Flash:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Turned out this was a 793 mile ride for me! My butt is so freaking sore, and my arms, elbows and hands are sore too. My throttle hand has blisters. For those who are wondering how you can get so sore, those twisties are very demanding, takes a lot of work, especially if you ride aggressively. Well when I was heading back, you know it's bad news when you see all of the oncoming traffic on the freeway have their headlights on. I got drenched on the way home. But still made it back in record time, as I was avg 110mph.

This was my first introduction to the twisties. Totally different kind of riding than what I'm use to. My poor Fizzer really got a workout today. The most important thing I learned today during this ride in the twisties is to make sure you are in the correct powerband during the turns, as it will make the turn a little more forgiving if you make a mistake.

It was nice meeting all of you, finally have a face and voice to go along with some of the threads. Special thanks to Sportrider and Poorwboy for leading the way, and an assist to Cali Rider as well ( he can ride!) Most importantly, there were no incidents and looks like everyone made it home safely, as I guess I'm the last one to check in.

Time for me to go get a massage, and I don't care where I have to go and get it!:Flash:

You're a machine Vegas!