Southern CA FZ6-Forum members meet up

S

sportrider

after scanning the threads today I've noticed there is quite a few members in the same vicinity. it's time to do a west coast version of the "gap run".

I'm thinking, meeting up on a Saturday in Redlands. (Denny's on Alabama maybe) eat breakfast, run the canyon into hemet, take the 74 up to Idyllwyld, run the 371 through anza/borego, take the 78 to the 76 and stop at the Hideout for lunch(or just a coke and a brake) then hit Polly. after that run Mesa Grande over to the 78 and into Julian, then Banner Pass, Montezuma Valley Rd. and stop at Borrego Springs for another break. from there it's up in the air. I've done this ride a few times, it can be done in a day. If I remember correctly it'll be good for about 450 miles (+ or - a few depending on how many runs on Polly are made. this is just a rough draft of an Idea so I'm open for suggestions. also the route can be shortened if thats to far of a ride for anyone. but first things first, lets see how many members are up for a meet and greet first and go from there.

see ya in the twisties!!!:Sport:

RIDE SCHEDULE
Denny's Resturant on Alabama st. and the I-10 in Redlands
TIME: 8:00 a.m.
DATE: 7-12-2008

CONFIRMED RIDERS
Calirider
sportrider_fz6
nimzotech
poorwboy

S

sportrider

ok!!! we can work out what day so everyone can make it. I want to try and set up the line up so everyone has fun. (eg. faster riders at the front.) and then have someone who knows the route ride sweep( last bike) so that no one gets left behind. but lets see how many people are going to go first. I'd like to see everyone from So. Cal show up!!! we should be able to have at least 15 bikes if everyone is up for it.
also if your not a fast rider don't worry about it this isn't going to be a race, it's just about going out and riding with a bunch of "friends" and having a good time. and the route is some of the best twisties around as well as some breath taking scenery that San Jacinto mountains have to offer. so no matter what your riding style is you'll enjoy it!!!
so come on guys post up!!!!:thumbup:

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm down to ride, just give out a date and time and i'll see if i can make it ;) I just recently started to go on rides almost every week for the past month to Canyons nearby: Azusa, Santiago, Ortega, Palomar...As for my riding style i ride within my abilities :) Not the fastest not the slowest, i lean my FZ6 as much as it will allow me to safely do so ;)

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
When the date is set I can coordinate a group meet for the ride out to Redlands. Anyone riding from So. LA Co. or anywhere in Orange Co. can join up for the ~50 mile ride from here to the ride start.

S

sportrider

ok, how about July 12th.
I figure the weekend before is the Fourth of July and people will be doing family things, June 28th is this weekend and it would only give a weeks notice so might be hard to clear schudule. so hows that work for everyone?

poorwboy

Reaction score
Visit site
ok, how about July 12th.
I figure the weekend before is the Fourth of July and people will be doing family things, June 28th is this weekend and it would only give a weeks notice so might be hard to clear schudule. so hows that work for everyone?

I think I will be in san diego working.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll likely be down for this this coming weekend. I'll check back on this thread toward the end of the week to find out what the deal is.

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh crap- that reminds me, I had a 4th of July trip planned. Aint gunna happen...I just tried to go to San Diego and got to Solano Beach before I pulled over and quit. Not sure if I'm ready for long hauls on the R1 yet-

oscarg85

Reaction score
Visit site
im down only if i can know where all these places are? were would we be meeting, and also how far do you guys think im from beeing in the valley(woodland hills)? :ban:

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
When the date is set I can coordinate a group meet for the ride out to Redlands. Anyone riding from So. LA Co. or anywhere in Orange Co. can join up for the ~50 mile ride from here to the ride start.

This sounds like a good idea. Maybe even overlapping routes rather than to try to do 450 plus back and forth to Redlands from OC. (Does that make me a wimp? :eek:)

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
im down only if i can know where all these places are? were would we be meeting, and also how far do you guys think im from beeing in the valley(woodland hills)? :ban:

I'm in Diamond Bar, north of OC. Woodland Hills is way west of there. I used to live there so just google map it. Take 101 S - 134 E - 110 - 57 S and voila you are where I am.

S

sportrider

we can always split after Palomar, you can run the 76 over to the 15 that may shorten the return trip. PCH rode it and he said it took him about an hour from HB. or run till Julian and take the 78 back to the 15 or into oceanside.