Some Pics of HWY1 from Today's Ride (2/7/09)

That picture of the field...with the cows...brings back some memories. My brothers & I used to 'sled' down a field like that in cardboard boxes near Pinole, CA. Great pictures & Thanks
It does suck about the car!

Thanks for the pics..... I am planning a trip over from the U.K. in June and I was going to forget about Highway1 just cos I don't particularly want to visit LA...

You've changed my mind...

Back to the drawing board with maps etc.

As always, awesome pics Nate! Keep going on these rides man, I'll get out there with you again. Just need more than 12hr notice :spank:

Sorry to hear about your wife's car, that's terrible.

Amazing pics Nate! Are you messing with the manual mode on the camera or were these on auto-setting?

So you bought a heating jaacket right before moving to Cali? :spank:

hehe just kidding... Cali_Rider and I have found ourselves a couple times freezing our butts off on top of mountains this winter, wishing we had heated gear :thumbup:

Sorry about the car...

Still managed to log about 30 miles today in the rain.

You're the man.

I thought of you when I was riding yesterday. I avoided an accident when a lady in a minivan almost pulled out in front of me going through a small town. I was doing about 30, the road was wet and shady, and I could tell she might go so I covered my horn. She started to go, I hit my highway blaster horn, and got on the brakes. She stopped a couple feet out and I rolled by at about 5MPH shaking my head. :thumbup:

How are you enjoying the naked ride? I am thinking whether it will be a pain riding without the fairings in lower temps = 20-40F? Seems like you got rid of your scorpions too. Seems like you fixed your tank too. :thumbup:

What brand heated gear and the protectors?

I enjoy it at all times except rain or when I'm doing more than 65MPH. I'm 6'3" and have nor fairing at all so the wind catches my chest pretty good. If you're doing 20-40F, stick with the fairing.

Still have the cans, but they are too damn loud for my taste and I have not fabbed a topcase bracket for them. I have them sitting around waiting for my next track day.

Did not fix the tank

Gerbings heated gear. T-pro protectors FTW.

Great shots! What camera did you use to take those?

Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi, DSLR, 12.2 Megapixels, 18-55mm

Thanks for the pics..... I am planning a trip over from the U.K. in June and I was going to forget about Highway1 just cos I don't particularly want to visit LA...

You've changed my mind...

Back to the drawing board with maps etc.

LA? I was north of SF. Check out SF, LA is lame. :D Let us know if you have questions.

As always, awesome pics Nate! Keep going on these rides man, I'll get out there with you again. Just need more than 12hr notice :spank:

The ride just kinda fell together with good weather, my wife working, and the option not to work. I'll keep you posted. We still gotta get dinner.

Amazing pics Nate! Are you messing with the manual mode on the camera or were these on auto-setting?

So you bought a heating jaacket right before moving to Cali? :spank:

That was all landscape and macro I believe. But I do mess with the manual functions a lot....mostly for night shots and shots with movement (flowing water etc.)

Bought the heated jacket a couple weeks ago. I got tired of having to put on so many layers when riding all day out here. In Chicago it's generally around the same temperature all day long. Around here you have to be ready for everything when you walk about the door. It's colder up here than in LA, but we have better riding :D

Last edited:
That looks like an awesome ride...i wish it was like that around where I live...lucky you I guess lol..Hope the car fix isnt too expensive too.

Hi
am new to this forum and to San Jose. Myself and my cousin are planning to go for a ride up north of SFO in HWY 1 this weekend. He wants to drive his stick shift car while I wanna experience my new 2007 FZ6 in some twisties.After seeing ur pics..I just cant wait!!!
awesome pics again...hope to see more of it :thumbup:
KB

Stay north of Ventura and you're good to go. Highway 1 from the central coast (big sur area) as far north as you can go should not be missed!

Man I am so jelaous ... this is every biker dream to go riding in places like this with the beautiful scenery. Open road, clean air, ocean breeze in your face...niceeeeee...:rockon:

Hi Nate - Looks like you have a great ride, you lucky dude.

Good thing the thief left the pink umbrella.

So how does it feel to have your stock handle bar back on the bike? I put mine back on last night and I felt like Peter Fonda in Easy Riders.

Back