SoCal "Hoonapalooza" June 22 2013

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Tuesday works fine for me. Jerry?

We had planned to meet at 10am at the 79 & Sage Rd. Our plan was to do the final section of our Hoonapalooza route. Some of the guys did this trip a few weeks ago when I was in Utah.

But any route is fine for me. I just like to ride! :rockon:

See, not being in a rush saved you on shipping:BLAA:

LOL, wait until you get the hand delivery charges:BLAA:

Jerry

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Although I'm an ATGATT every time I mount my motorcycle, seeing David's injuries is making me reevaluate the areas that I have never considered protecting. Every jacket I own is equipped with armor and a so so back protector, but not the rib cage area. I've ridden with David several times, he's geared up well and I'm assuming that his gear was no different than what I have seen him wear in the past. I don't hear about much road rash or a broken foot, etc. Seems like it's all concentrated in the area that a normal riding jacket does not protect.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Really? Was that your ride to the hospital?
9123660762_5d8ca7b50f.jpg

In the event that I suffer injuries from a major off, I expect to get to the hospital in one of these....

Eurocopter EC-145

Eurocopter AS350-B3E

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Although I'm an ATGATT every time I mount my motorcycle, seeing David's injuries is making me reevaluate the areas that I have never considered protecting. Every jacket I own is equipped with armor and a so so back protector, but not the rib cage area. I've ridden with David several times, he's geared up well and I'm assuming that his gear was no different than what I have seen him wear in the past. I don't hear about much road rash or a broken foot, etc. Seems like it's all concentrated in the area that a normal riding jacket does not protect.

This looks like an option:

Forcefield Rib Protector | Forcefield Body Armour

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

I down hill skate board and twice I've landed chest down at at low speed 3 weeks apart. Even if your rib cage holds up, contact and subsequent chest compression & deflection separates cartilage in the sternum and its not fun at all. So to your point, we need more protection. I'll be looking for something.
Thanks for sharing!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
UGH!!! I can't believe I'm seeing all these replies just now!!! (Note to self: when I come back from a group ride, new thread is in order with something like "Pictures, Videos, Write-up" in the title) :BLAA:

David, so sorry to read about your crash. I'm very happy to see you're in good spirits and even happier that you were surrounded by such great people and friends when you needed help.

I sincerely hope you make a full, speedy recovery!

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, I did get a ride on a helicopter :BLAA:

David, so sorry to read about your crash. I'm very happy to see you're in good spirits and even happier that you were surrounded by such great people and friends when you needed help.

I sincerely hope you make a full, speedy recovery!

Thank you much my friend!!!

Jerry is hanging out with me right now! He helped me walk up and down the hallway.... I now know wht the hospital looks like :D
Still draining close to 200ml of blood every 12h, so will need a bit more time until i get discharged (need to be <100ml/12h). Once they remove the drain tube, i'll be on my way home 24h later :rockon:

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi David!
I'm glad you are getting mobile already!
A walk down the hall can be good for the body and the soul.
Best wishes for a quick recovery.
:hug:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just left the hospital a about an 1-1/2 hours ago. Hung out with David and Jerry.

David is doing so much better now! :rockon:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, I did get a ride on a helicopter :BLAA:

Thank you much my friend!!!

Jerry is hanging out with me right now! He helped me walk up and down the hallway.... I now know wht the hospital looks like :D
Still draining close to 200ml of blood every 12h, so will need a bit more time until i get discharged (need to be <100ml/12h). Once they remove the drain tube, i'll be on my way home 24h later :rockon:
Hang in there mate,
I'm so happy that you're up and about how is your wife taking it?

Nelly

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mr. Lucky, err Crash. Didn't we chat about this a couple of years ago and you said you didn't crash.

Get well Brother!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

When I crashed a year ago at the track I had a Knox back and chest protector on, and still broke a rib. It happens, and it sure hurts!

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Thx guys... today was my best day by far... mentally and physically.

My main prob now: i have not pooped since Sat. morning before the crash..... and I am a >1/per day type of guy..................... :spank:

Hang in there mate,
I'm so happy that you're up and about how is your wife taking it?

Nelly

As well as I could have expected. My wife is amazing.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Faced the same problem trying to get out of the hospital once...all I can say brother is milk of magnesia. :thumbup:
Problem solved! :rockon:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Its a combination of the Morphine and not being up and about. Your gut has just slowed down a tad.
Good luck on the poo.

Nelly

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2