So Long Ruby. Hellooooooo Maggie!

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
No worries. I have a lot of pics. Did you see another thread somewhere? If not, here are some pics......:cool:

Mark at Madstad is easy to work with, though he might not get back with you right away. When he does he'll give you all the time you need.

I love the Madstad system. There are several shield shapes/sizes to choose from but you have to keep in mind how you'll angle it and your mirror stems. I find it gives me good protection from the shield and can be dialed in as to eliminate buffeting but give good flow, etc. Only complaint is looks a little funny at first, but I planned on it being just a winter shield. He even supplied stainless steel screws for me to replace the stock plastic ones. A lot of flexibility with the system, and only a little pricey when considering trying 2 or 3 screens.

Thanks Jeff... appreciate the pictures as well...:thumbup: Oh, and is that the 20" or 18" shield you have?

Last edited:

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet bikes. I'd love to get an FZ1 someday.

Was Ruby at the gun range in that first picture? (Just trying to figure out that structure there.)

Exactly right. Private range. Johnson County Sport Shooting Association range in Alvarado, TX. I Match Direct an outdoor match every 4th Saturday at that range.

D

Dave.TX

Nice. Those ST's are nice bikes too, for what they're designed to do. Enjoy your FZ1.

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
How do you decide on the name? I've had my 6 for a year and the only name that has stuck is Mistress, and my wife gave her that.:D

Named her after a female action star--in this case "Maggie Hayward" played by Bridget Fonda in "Point of No Return". Maggie is a brute at heart, but can be refined. And with her half fairing, she is dressed up just enough for the job I need her to do.

The FZ6 is Sarah, after Sarah Connor in the Terminator movies--edgy, futuristic, athletic.

keef

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the FZ1. I was originally looking at the FZ1, but after reading posts on this forum decided that the FZ6 was a wiser choice since I went without riding for about 17 yrs.

What do you consider light duty touring for the FZ6? My longest day ride so far has been about 315miles mixture of 2 lane highway and interstate. It was a very comfortable ride.

My plan is to buy a FJR1300 or Triumph Sprint GT in a couple years for longer weekend rides and keeping the FZ6 as more of the "go out and play" bike.

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the FZ1. I was originally looking at the FZ1, but after reading posts on this forum decided that the FZ6 was a wiser choice since I went without riding for about 17 yrs.

What do you consider light duty touring for the FZ6?

My plan is to buy a FJR1300 or Triumph Sprint GT in a couple years for longer weekend rides and keeping the FZ6 as more of the "go out and play" bike.

Not so much distance as need to carry stuff. Generally most is 100 miles each way to defensive pistol matches on the other side of the DFW metroplex.