So Long Ruby. Hellooooooo Maggie!

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
Kept my FZ6, which is all toured up. But traded my 2009 ST1300 (Ruby) for this 2010 FZ1 (Maggie):

So long Ruby.....:
0db745ee.jpg

Hellooooooo, Maggie!
55229c20.jpg

Easy, Sarah, will hop back on you soon enough!
987e0a33.jpg

And what can I say? Wow! I love my Sarah, but Maggie is incredible. Hard to believe that's just 400 CCs difference! So far I love everything about the FZ1....

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You did it! Outstanding! Welcome to the Dark Sid! :thumbup:

Now post that beauty up on the FZ1 side.

Qwibby

Scarlet
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm loving the fz1, i've been looking at that them for maybe an upgrade in a year
Sent from my Samsung Skyrocket

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats and welcome to the FZ liter club! :thumbup: I had zero regrets upgrading from my 6. She was a great bike but the 1? Ooooooooooooooo! :D

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
Why did you decide to get rid of the ST? They have some fantastic deals in Perth at the moment with them.

Loved everything about the ST1300. But, bought her with visions of long tours with my wife's arms around me ever so gently. Her idea was more of long trips in my truck, with her arms around her Nook reader. Oh well, she's good to me when we get there, anyway....:thumb up:

Because I also added touring gear to my FZ6, she handled my "light" touring plenty well. Plus, owed a bit on the ST, whereas the FZ6 was paid for. So, I opted for more "sport" and less "touring". Man I'm glad I did. I'll soon be back to 5'9", and 160 lbs, and the smaller bikes are just more flickable for me!

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Jeff... first, sorry about the thread jack... But, I have a question about the Madstad bracket and windscreen on your FZ6... I was about to buy the Puig touring screen, but after seeing your bike I am reconsidering the Madstad... How do you like it? How is the weather protection as well?

Thanks... appreciate your feed back

Richard

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
NICE!! It took me a while to get used to FZ1 after 6, but I absolutely love mine now. Of course I've no idea what ST feels like, but I imagine FZ1 is infinitely lighter and more sporty. Enjoy! :thumbup:

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Jeff... first, sorry about the thread jack... But, I have a question about the Madstad bracket and windscreen on your FZ6... I was about to buy the Puig touring screen, but after seeing your bike I am reconsidering the Madstad... How do you like it? How is the weather protection as well?

Thanks... appreciate your feed back

Richard

No worries. I have a lot of pics. Did you see another thread somewhere? If not, here are some pics......:cool:

Mark at Madstad is easy to work with, though he might not get back with you right away. When he does he'll give you all the time you need.

I love the Madstad system. There are several shield shapes/sizes to choose from but you have to keep in mind how you'll angle it and your mirror stems. I find it gives me good protection from the shield and can be dialed in as to eliminate buffeting but give good flow, etc. Only complaint is looks a little funny at first, but I planned on it being just a winter shield. He even supplied stainless steel screws for me to replace the stock plastic ones. A lot of flexibility with the system, and only a little pricey when considering trying 2 or 3 screens.

Pics:

f5bf5a7d.jpg

87bc0fb4.jpg

ac240f63.jpg

9bcef1d4.jpg

f5a11011.jpg

465da6da.jpg

465da6da.jpg

9b76a275.jpg

6d3f98b9.jpg

11e7102b.jpg

11e7102b.jpg